Lighting a 50 gallon cube?

CarnageQp

I have a SCA 50 gal cube (24x24x20) with an AI prime over it. I want it to look good and grow whatever. If you had around $700 to throw at it, what would you do?

I have almost exactly the same tank, a Waterbox 70.3 (24x24x20) and had the Hydra 32 over it. I rented a PAR meter and took some measurements and they were a little low for what I wanted running that light at full power. I bought the Hydra XR30 G5 and took the same measurements and at 60% it was about twice as much PAR.

That light was a little more than your $700 but its an awesome light so far. Just my opinion.

I have almost exactly the same tank, a Waterbox 70.3 (24x24x20) and had the Hydra 32 over it. I rented a PAR meter and took some measurements and they were a little low for what I wanted running that light at full power. I bought the Hydra XR30 G5 and took the same measurements and at 60% it was about twice as much PAR.

That light was a little more than your $700 but its an awesome light so far. Just my opinion.

Thanks for your input. I plan on mostly keeping euphyllia, but itll end up being a mixed reef. Clams and sand bed coral are out for me though because of my hyperactive diamond goby haha. That's why I think i could get away with a xr15, and save $400. That Mitras lx7204 looks like it would compete with a xr30 though.

Back