Lighting for 36 x 30 x 24

swishtony

I'm going to want to light a tank with the above dimensions hoping eventually to stock full SPS.

My issue is I cannot easily hang any lights and if I could it would have to be off brackets which I do not want to do. So I therefore need something that sits on the tank. The bulk of market leading LEDs won't really work, I know I can mount Radions of Hydras front to back but they both only really offer about 24" coverage. I want something that will do more like 28. I also know I could use 2 tracks to split to smaller models giving me better coverage and less shadowing. However, I don't want to mount 2 tracks as think that will look too cluttered.

So I think I might be left with either LED panels or a hybrid as I know some of these can be mounted on legs either end. Trouble is it seems any 3ft hybrids (that I've researched) also don't offer full coverage front to back 30 inches.

Anybody got any bright (pun intended) ideas? Thanks.

If you mount Radions perpendicular, you will get the 30" coverage front to back but you might need 3 to avoid shadowing since their mounted perpendicular vs parallel.

Back