lighting ideas

jmking33

Im downsizing to a smaller tank (chams old tank 40 cube). Id like to go t-5 lighting....keep down on the heat and the electricity. Its going to be hanging above it(not sure if im gonna make a custom pendant stand or a use a zero edge stand). any suggestions, links, ideas would be great!!
thanks!

I like the zero edge with a hanging light.. personal preference. I'm not an interior designer though :). You might have to build your own light box too. It could hang as well. I dont know of a fixture that will get you full tank coverage 26x26 besides a round MH fixture. How about a do-it-yourself LED fixture?

Id love to have time for a diy light...but..thats one of the reasons im going smaller. not as much time. I was thinking maybe the t-5 tech 24 inch. or a 150 mh pendant of some type.

Id love to have time for a diy light...but..thats one of the reasons im going smaller. not as much time. I was thinking maybe the t-5 tech 24 inch. or a 150 mh pendant of some type.

I really like sunlight supply's products. Their techlights are pretty sweet if you want something that is easy to plug and play. You can buy a hanging kit so they just dangle from a stud in your ceiling or you could probably suspend them from an arm. Depending on the dimensions you can get legs for it so the whole lighting unit sits on the edge of the tank as well. Lots of options.

Wit those dimensions, going MH wold be easier but i pesonally would work someting out to go with a Tek T-5 fixure. My corals do so much better under T-5's, and the heat difference is huge.

im leaning twards the tek t-5. I did see a small geismann 150mh pendant for sale that was sweeeeeeeeeet!

Back