Lighting question

Joypaws83

I have one Hydro 32 for 40 gallon tank, plan to keep LPS and soft corals. Should I get another one or is one sufficient?

In my opinion, it will be close...assuming this is a 36" tank. You could always start there and see what your PAR readings are and decide. I have two over my 36" tank and four over my 100g.

Having a center brace with one fixture can be annoying for shadows.
Good point Kharma. For some reason I didn’t look closely in the sump thread and assumed this was a 40 breeder which wouldn’t have the brace. Looking back, the tank in question does have a brace.

@Joypaws83 what are the dimensions of this tank. I’m curious as, not that I’ve looked closer, it’s a really cool shaped tank.

Ya I have one too in storage. Thinner glass, tempered bottom, has cross member on top and bottom. Seapora are BigAls brand made by Deep Blue I believe.

Is there a concern with mounting a 32HD off the back glass since it is thinner?

My thought is that this single HMS Mount might stress the glass, especially with two of them mounted in that fashion.

On my 100g, they are all suspended from the ceiling with a hybrid T5 system.

On the 60g, I use the HMS Multi Light Mount which I like. However, it is not cheap.

Good question. Even when I used that tank I was ceiling mounted too (T5). The OP hasn't really batted an eye at dropping coin so maybe the multi-mount is the way to go.

My thought is that this single HMS Mount might stress the glass, especially with two of them mounted in that fashion.

On my 100g, they are all suspended from the ceiling with a hybrid T5 system.

On the 60g, I use the HMS Multi Light Mount which I like. However, it is not cheap.
I have mine suspended from the ceiling, the mount wouldn’t fit over the plastic rim and I didn’t want to mess with buying the adapter and like you said shattering the glass 😵‍💫

Back