lighting suggestions for 90 gal system

underseaworld

Looking for some suggestions for lighting for my 90 gal system. I have a reef system now but could use an upgrade in lighting. My wife asked what I wanted for xmas and I told her I would like new lights for my system. She put a price at $350 limit. I have zoa, leathers, duncan, frogspawn.

I have looked at a t5 hybrid and also the Current Orbit Marine IC Pro LED Reef Aquarium Dual light System.

Does anyone want to share their experience with the t5 and or the Current Dual system?

What are some of the lighting systems I could use?

Thank you

I have the hybrid t5 setup with two hydra 26's on my 90. If you have any flexibility with price go with two 26's and you'll be happy. If you want to go heavy sps dominant later you can add the t5 hybrid setup to it. With two hydra's I have an LPS dominant tank with some sps and just run the hydra's. I have tried 4 other styles of lights all budget options and I would spend a little more and get something easily programmable with good spread that has been proven to work. Hydra's or Radeon's for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you have now?
Avoid the current orbit....its too weak and not suitable for your tank..

T5s are great until you start looking at how much you spend on bulb replacements over time..

I have a single current orbit at this time I have own this light for four years and my corals are doing ok. I just think they could use more lighting than the one strip I have now. I agree with you on the bulb replacements after I found out that the T5 have to be changed out every 8 months or so. Seems like a waste of money.

I thought maybe the dual system would make my system a little better but was not sure. I am no way a lighting expert. LOL...

I read that the black boxes are ok but the fans can be a problem between breaking or making too much noise.

I am open to any suggestions

I have a 90 gal... 2 165w viparspectra chinese black boxes and a 4ft T5 retrofit kit from BRS 2 ati bulbs which I supplement.. i can any corals i want and tank looks amazing.. For the T5s i have 1 blue plus and 1 coral plus.

This all should put you at your budget and corals will grow and pop like crazy!

To start you can just go with the 2 LED Cbbs

Happy reefing..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back