Lighting Upgrade/Downgrade

dkop0978

I'm in the process of upgrading the lighting on one tank and downgrading the lighting on another. My first question is on my 55 gallon tank. I'm running 2 x 175w 10K MH and 2 x 96w 7100K Blue PC. I want to add a few T5's in there to shorten the MH running time. Any suggestions? I can retrofit in 2 48 inch bulbs but I'm not sure if that's enough. Looking to cut the run time on the MH's down to 4 or 5 hours. A few LFS's have down this and so have a few others I know but right now I don't know what the long term effects, if any, would be. My second question is on my 125 gallon tank. I'm currently running 3 x 175w 10K MH, 2 x 96w 7100K Blue PC, and 2 x 96w 10K White PC. I'm downgrading to a softies tank and looking for a good T5 fixture. A few of the fixtures I like max out at 48 inch. I really don't want to get 2 36 inch fixtures but will if I have to. Are there any good recommendations for a 72 inch fixture?

Aquactinics makes a 72" Constellation fixture with 14 39w HO T5s. It's a touch overkill, but it would make a nice addition for your 125. You can run it on the waterline too with minimal heat issues.

Check them out, they have a forum here on RC.

Thats definitely a good option...is alittle overkill but does give me options if I decide to expand a little from the softies. Thanks.

Back