Like new Cole Parmer Masterflex Console Drive Peristaltic Pump + New Easy Load Head

slief

RC Sponsor
Premium Member
Up for sale is a barely used, spotless, perfectly working Cole Parmer 07520-60 Masterflex Console Drive peristaltic pump. I am including a brand new, never used Cole Parmer 77200-50 Easy Load II Head with it's original box. Also included is 12" of new LS16 tubing along with 12" of LS17 tubing along with the manual for both the pump and Easy Load head.

This unit supports the most popular LS16 and LS17 tubing along with several other tubing sizes. If you run a calcium reactor, these pumps are what we use to insure the utmost in reactor pH consistency while also eliminating the headache of clogged effluent lines. These pumps are continuous duty rated and designed for the medical industry for ultimate reliability. You control the RPM/Flow rate from the turn of knob. You control the direction of the pump with the flip of a switch. I bought this to keep as a spare for my existing Cole Parmer that I use on my calcium reactor but frankly, these things don't fail if they are taken care of and as such, I don't really need it.

The price for the unit is $300 including FedEx ground shipping. Payment via Paypal is fine. PM me if you are interested.

Specs on the pump are as follows:
Economical and easy-to-use analog drives offer precise speed control"”ideal for metering applications

Reversible motor"”purge tubing before or after pumping; pump fluid in either direction.

Separate single-turn speed control and on/off/reverse switch with inertia center and green LED power indicator. Maintain speed setting while turning pump on/off.

The 1/10-hp reversible motor has soft start and back EMF for ±2% speed control. Promotes smooth operation and long service life.

Stackable ABS plastic housing is IP23 rated for splash resistance and easy wipedown.

6-ft (1.8-m) line cord; 115 VAC: U.S. standard plug; 230 VAC: IEC 320/CEE22 socket"”pump is shipped with country specific plug/cord set.

These economy analog console drives have ±2% speed control for precise flow regulation making them ideal for metering applications. The simple analog controls let you easily integrate these drives into your lab or process applications. A convenient carrying handle is molded into the housing.

Specifications
Max flow rate (mL/min) 1700
Min flow rate (mL/min) 0.36
Control type Digital Variable Speed
Flow Chart Click to View
Power (Amps) 1.5
Motor (hp) 1/10
Motor (watts) 75
Reversible motor Yes
rpm 6 to 300
IP rating (Drive) IP23
Dimensions (Drive) 11.5"L x 7"W x 7"H
(29.2 x 17.8 x 17.8 cm)
Speed control ±2% (1-turn speed control)
No. of Pump heads accepted 2
Type of Pump heads accepted: Standard, Easy-Load, Easy-Load II, Quick Load, High Performance, Cartridge, Multi-channel, PTFE Tubing, PTFE Diaphragm

Brand Masterflex
Model: 07520-60
Manufacturer number 07520-60
Product Type Pump Drive

Pump flow rates:
L/S Tubing Compatible
Pump Heads Flow rates in mL/min
at 6 to 300 rpm*
Tubing Size mL/Min (6-300RPM)
L/S 13 0.36 to 18
L/S 14 1.3 to 65
L/S 16 4.8 to 240
L/S 25 10 to 500
L/S 17 17 to 850
L/S 18 23 to 1150
L/S 15 10 to 500 ( 11 to 550)
L/S 24 17 to 850 ( 18 to 900)
L/S 35 23 to 1150 ( 26 to 1300)
L/S 36 29 to 1450 ( 34 to 1700)

Specs for the (included) Easy Load head are as follows:

Automatic retention holds tubing securely in place with no manual adjustment"”just load the tubing and start the pump

Four-roller rotor improves pressure performance and mechanical stability while reducing pulsation.

Improved occlusion bed geometry lengthens tubing life.
Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) housing cold-rolled steel (CRS) rotor

Each pump head for precision pump tubing accepts tubing sizes L/S® 13, L/S® 14, L/S® 16, L/S® 25, L/S® 17, and L/S® 18. Achieve flow rates of 0.06 to 2300 mL/min (1 to 600 rpm).
For stacking multiple heads (up to the specified limits of your drive) order two- three- or four-channel hardware separately under "Accessories". When two Easy-Load II pump heads are stacked rollers are offset by 45°"”combine the outlets from two stacked heads for a 95% reduction in flow pulsation.
What's Included:
single-channel mounting hardware and a 15" (38-cm) length of silicone pump tubing.

mL/rev Depends on tubing selected.
Accepted tubing L/S® 13, L/S 14, L/S 16, L/S 25, L/S 17, L/S 18
Rotor material Cold-rolled steel
Housing material Polyphenylene sulfide
Rollers Four; cold-rolled steel
Occlusion Fixed
Automatic tubing retention Yes
Dimensions 5"W x 4-3/4"H x 2-3/4"D
(12.7 x 12.1 x 7.0 cm)
Brand Masterflex
Product Type Pump Head

Pictures of the actual unit.
image_zpsfvf9ikzp.jpg

image_zpsxh2musbl.jpg

image_zpssnvcnnyn.jpg

image_zpsqpqxem8f.jpg

image_zpsxh5lgusn.jpg

Bump.. Still available. This pump can also be used for automatic water changes by stacking a second matching pump head on it.

For those that are wondering why we use these Cole Parmer pumps on our calcium reactors, the comination of a good regulator coupled with the Cole Parmer pump makes setting up and maintaining a CaRx a dream. I've run Ca Reactors before use used a traditional feed pump and a needle valve which was a nightmare. The effluent lines would clog regularly and the pH would be all over the map as a result. With the Cole Parmer and aa decent regulator (I use the AquariumPlants regulator), my Apex hasn't had to shut the solenoid off once. The pH in the reactor is a close to flatline as it could possibly be. The graph below covers 2 days and as you can see, the pH in the reactor only drifted by .02 pH. That is insanely stable and it shows what consistant flow coupled with consistant Co2 rate can do for a reactors stability. You cannot achieve that kind of pH stability in a CaRx without the intervention of a controller unless you use one of these pumps.

As it sits now, I am at about 42ml/min (15 rpm) flow and about 1 Co2 bubble every 3 seconds to maintain a 6.72'ish pH in my Geo 818 CaRx.

Here is the reactors pH graph.. I can't imagine pH being any more stable than that and it's due primarily to the use of my Cole Parmer pump that manages the flow through the reactor perfectly.
image.jpg1_zps3gto1yvk.jpg

Last edited:
Back