List of Captive-Bred Livestock Available to Hobbyists

Waratah Anemones ?

Waratah Anemones ?

Does anyone know of a supplier or someone raising the Waratah Anemones ???

Do Bubble-Tipped Anemone ship well? It seems they`re so delicate
I have a friend that used to breed them and shipped them all the time. He packaged them carefully, including lots of water compared to the size of the anemone and also used oxygen in the bag like LFS's do for fish.

Ideally, check w/ your nearest local reef club. Many people end up w/ a RBTA clone they need a good home for. If you let folks know you are in the market, someone at the club will know someone.

Cheri

Joan Holt at the University of Texas Marince Science Center in Port Aransas Texas, has successfully bred blood shrimp and striped cleaner shimp at last years TAA meeting had a tour of the facility demonstrating their methods, you can obtain more information at their website, or call or write they seemed quite willing to part with the information, she has also bred a successful stock of lemon peel angles flame angels ect.....

Her response was that she wants to GIVE the information away to people to make businesses out of saltwater ornamentals.

Check out
inlandaqautics.com

They have a very interesting list of tank raised and captive bred fish. They list the Imperator and the Koran Angels as captive bred. A few tangs as well. I got my Hippotus tang from them 4 years ago and he is doing great.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6508885#post6508885 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by three fish
Check out
inlandaqautics.com

They have a very interesting list of tank raised and captive bred fish. They list the Imperator and the Koran Angels as captive bred. A few tangs as well. I got my Hippotus tang from them 4 years ago and he is doing great.

A few years ago, I called them asking about some unusual CB fish and they told me that their list of TR and CB fish includes fish that they've never seen CB anywhere but that someone once told them they might be able to get. They definately have a great selection anyways, but I'm not sure that it's quite as extensive as it looks.
Of course, some of these fish could have actually shown up over that time. ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7207444#post7207444 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hgbarwick
does any one know where i can get a tank bred sharknose goby

I think that you will have to find a LFS or online vendor who buys from Proaquatix to get that particular fish. That could be difficult, especially considering that Proaquatix is moving their main facility right now.

Dont forget Tridacnid clams. Pretty much all Tridacna Derasa are aquacultured and Tridacna Maxima, Tridacna Crocea Tridacna Squamosa, and Hippopus hippopus have/are all successfully aquacultured as far as i am aware. Info sourced from Delbeek and Sprung '97.

Back