List of local stores in area

snuggle2me

Just thought i would make up a list of local fish stores that sell saltwater fish and equipment. Maybe this will help out someone starting out in this area or anyone passing threw this area. If you have a place you want to add to list please do so. I am not posting in order of my favorite. I am just going from north to south so hopefully covering them all.

Pets Plus
8943 Us Highway 301 N
Parrish, FL 34219

Aqua Dreams
5244 E State Road 64
Bradenton, FL 34208

The Fish Store
3314 Manatee Avenue West
Bradenton, FL 34205

Paradise Reefs
7466 Cortez Rd W
Bradenton, FL 34210

KD'S (New owners so i am not sure if this is still the store name)
7286 55th Ave East
Bradenton, FL 34203

Marine Dreams
4808 14th Street West
Bradenton, FL 34207

Animal Crakers
6230 North Lockwood Ridge Road
Sarasota, FL 34243

Epic Reef
4559 Bee Ridge Road
Sarasota, FL 34233

Coral Connection
2828 Clark Rd # 2
Sarasota, FL 34231

If I have missed any please feel free to add to this post. If you have knowledge of what a store carries such as fish and equipment or a good experience recommendation please let us know. Please dont post bad experiences. I dont want this thread to turn into a flame thread or store bashing. What one persons experience can differ greatly from anothers lfs experience. If you feel the need to let us know of bad experiences i ask that you make a thread of your own about it. Thanks

Does anybody have any recommendations of which of the stores has the best selection of frags?

just an update i think Aqua Dreams has closed and Marine dreams is no longer open but is now known as Paradise Reefs and is open now along with its other store on cortez.

I didn't quite make it up to the Sarasota/Bradenton area, but came close. You might want to add another LFS to the list. It is in general vacinity and well worth stopping at. It is called Eco Reef Corals, located at 2137 S. Tamiami Trail in Venice, Florida. They have a wonderful selection of corals. The kind owners, Chet and Donna know the business well and are very accommodating. Their tanks are extremely well maintained and very clean. They have a website, but it only shows a fraction of what is in stock. They also have a great selection of fish as well.

Back