Best LFS Store in SF Bay Area- As of 2017?

flamehawkfish

hello All

It's been a while since I've been shopping for new inverts & fish, and I'm wanting to expand my options. I noticed a post listing all LFS stores in the Bay Area, but it was definitely outdated.

Can anyone recommend any good LFS in SF Bay Area? I am especially curious about anything in San Francisco, Oakland, or North Bay (b/c I live in Marin), but open to all options. Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Flamehawk

Aquatic collection in Hayward is closest to Oakland area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And I believe it to be the best selection and price for fish. But I haven't explored north bay options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Aquatic Collection unless you want to go to south bay to Neptunes. I haven't been to the new Diablo Corals location in Concord yet.

Living in SF, I normally get most stuff online because I find it more convenient than driving ~45 minutes each way to any store, but I'll say of all the stores I've been to (CRC, AC, Neptune, Ultimate), Aquatic Collection has by far the best selection of fish/inverts, and their corals are pretty decent as well. I've gotten a few nice SPS frags there, but it is very hit or miss.

I would say AC for fish and Neptune for corals. But, they're both great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All About Fish in Pleasant Hill has an ok selection. It's a very old store but the guys are friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diablo has there corals set up in the new location but fish has not. So for now just corals and inverts

Back