Liter Meter III replacement tubing

Amazon also has 25 feet of Norprene for $31 with prime shipping, so for the price of 2 replacement kits you'd get essentially a lifetime supply lol

that's what this is, i just got it off amazon, which i did to test. from now on i can get it through work much cheaper.

Tubingcompare.jpg

i found this while searching for alternatives.

also this was mentioned by a tubing vendor. ( not at all related to spectrapure or anything, just in general )

Santoprene is a genral term for a Thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) which is a mix of polymers (usually a plastic and a rubber) I am not a big fan of it. Santoprene is a cheap thermoplastic that in my experince is prone to splitting. I comes on many commercial dosing pumps (aquamedic,ReefDoser and cheaper dosing pumps)

Santoprene tubing was developed for sale to peristalic degergent dosing companies that make automatic dishwashers and large scale laundry companies.

if you pump does have Santoprene tubing its no big deal you just have to watch it.
I would highly reccomend Norprene/Pharmed and if you can find it Marprene ( it is the best out there one tube lasts over 5 years with proper cleaning)

for the record, the Marprene he mentions is like $117 for a decent length piece, so obviously thats not really an option. LOL

but the pharmed stuff i got was $20 for like 60" on amazon.

Great info, thanks for posting.

take it with a grain of salt though guys, like i said I only posted what I seen what i assume was a vendor posted on another website.

not saying the santoprene tube is bad, just that there might be alternatives that are plenty well acceptable or possibly better substitutes. I'll update as times goes on with the pharmed tube though.

and i think i'll go ahead and order the norprene to test that in my 3rd pump.

Pharmed or Noroprene are my guess as to what Litermeter uses given the long life they say you should expect, no other tubing material lasts near as long. I forget what santoprene is rated for but it doesn't seem to last all that long in the BRS dosers......

Pharmed or Noroprene are my guess as to what Litermeter uses given the long life they say you should expect, no other tubing material lasts near as long. I forget what santoprene is rated for but it doesn't seem to last all that long in the BRS dosers......

i agree, i dont have a NEW tube to compare to, but the material seems very similar.
but spectrapure does have a thin plastic tape like smooth film on one side of their tube to help with wear and i assume provide a smoother surface for the rollers to work with.

Getting a roll of generic tubing will lead you to doom. We have special wear strips on our tubing that prevent the rollers from chewing a hole in the tubing if installed properly. Using tubing that is not directly manufactured from Spectrapure will void your warranty. The tubing is meant to last many years if you maintain your pumps regularly. We have designed our equipment to be the highest of quality. If you are having bad luck with tubing perhaps we can talk on the phone to make sure that the tubing is installed properly.

Jeremy

I have no problems what so ever with the spectrapure tubing, I just needed to replace the tube in multiple pumps, and rather than pay $100+ to change it @ $16 per tube per pump, i paid $20 for enough tube made for this purpose to replace my tubing for the rest of my natural life.

My pumps are well past their warranty period as i purchased them all used anyway. So that is beside the point.

i will keep an eye on the tubing i am using now, but so far the pump under continual use since it was put into service has yet to even wear off the lettering on the tube.

Last edited:
I tried the pharmed like you linked in some pumps, and i got the slightly more expensive norprene stuff aswell, both have been running since my original post about this back in feb-march. and I havnt had a single issue, maybe if i find some time one of these days ill pull a pump apart and check out the hose.

Just An Update guys.

After a solid year of use in my ATO pump, and my 2 remote pumps and my main lm3 unit for AWC and dosing, all the tubes are still in good shape no damage. no splitting, tearing, or rubbing damage.

since I have so much tube now anyway ( ~50 feet i got off amazon ) I'll probably change them out just to stay ahead of the game. But I have not a single issue leaving them in there for awhile yet by how they look.

Just An Update guys.

After a solid year of use in my ATO pump, and my 2 remote pumps and my main lm3 unit for AWC and dosing, all the tubes are still in good shape no damage. no splitting, tearing, or rubbing damage.

since I have so much tube now anyway ( ~50 feet i got off amazon ) I'll probably change them out just to stay ahead of the game. But I have not a single issue leaving them in there for awhile yet by how they look.

Nice. What's the size of the norprene that you got?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008BWRG3I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMYV1M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i have used both of these now, using the norprene now, used the pharmed prior to that. I recently just changed the tube after 1+ year use in the ATO pump, it had no visible damage what so ever, but since i have 10 feet of it, i changed it regardless.

just keep in mind, if you still have a full warranty on your units, i would stick with spectrapure lines, as posted above this WILL void your warranty, my pumps are all well past warranty period so i have no qualm using this tube. If/when my pumps do eventually die I will gladly pay for new pumps directly from spectrapure. unparalleled quality! but seeing as some of these are already 6+ years old and look brand new im sure it'll be awhile :D

Back