local club

Mrs. Limpet

Hi,
I am new to reefing, and the only local clubs that I find that meet outside of forums are 2+ hours away from me. Does this club do any local meetups or monthly meetings?

Hello Mrs. Limpet.

Welcome! This club had monthly meetings for years, usually with a raffle and potluck, but attendance and interest dwindled.

There are a few of us still lurking here. Do you have a tank going?

Ken

Hi, Yes I have a Biocube 16 which is having it's struggles (started 6/2019) and a 75g which is doing pretty good (started 1/2020) and a 75g freshwater (started 11/2014). My husband and I are trying to learn as much as we can. Any thoughts on getting the club back together? My husband and I would be interested, even in helping get it re-booted.

I personally would like to see the club function again. There simply has not been interest from a sufficient number of people. Sometimes just enough people express desire for a meeting to call one but then few actually show up.

Taking the current pulse, as it were, how many people would be interested in getting together?

I'm always down for a get together but every time we've had a meeting my daughter had a soccer game.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

My husband and myself are absolutely up for getting together. I supposed it has to be after thing settle down from covid-19.

I am interested in meeting but yes after this all settles down. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here if you have questions about your tank. Stay healthy

With the new reef store in RP I think we maybe can get something going. With the current crisis it seems like it will be sometime from now :( I just hope everyone stays healthy and safe. With myself contacting physicians from home I get to at least jump on forums now. Welcome to the club!

I would come to a meeting. Before corona we were planning
the room with my tank and I planned to use the opportunity to start with a new tank. I've got rock cycling but now don't know when the project will happen.

Hi Mary. Please let us know how the new tank goes.

And if this shelter in place keeps up, hearing about your retiling may be interesting too! :)

Wow taking it back to the old school. Hi Mary. I plan on starting a thread on my frag tank build or even my little display once I get it from Carlos's garage. Bought it like 8 months ago to hide from the wife and stored it in Carlos's garage LOL

Wow taking it back to the old school. Hi Mary. I plan on starting a thread on my frag tank build or even my little display once I get it from Carlos's garage. Bought it like 8 months ago to hide from the wife and stored it in Carlos's garage LOL
Hahaha I know what you mean, I have parts of my build hiding in our garage.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I have just jumped back into the hobby and would love to get together and meet some people with same interest. hobby has changed a lot since I was last in it. I will check back to see if there is a chance of getting together after the COVID thing.

Sean

Wow hadn't been on in a while and looks like we might have a little momentum for a meeting. i am always willing to get together.

Back