LOGO for SWFMAS

no- for some reason the pad that came with my set up never slid into place. So I had it just leaning against the back wall which the current moves it around and I found it wasnt being very effective. When I did put it in place it restricted flow as well. Currenlty it is not in place- I was wondering if I should replace it with a course filter pad?

Bioballs are OK in filters for fish only tanks. Since the bacteria is exposed to oxygen they are not very good at converting Nitrates. That's why they are called "nitrate factories" they are very good at what they do(breaking down ammonia to Nitrite, but for most corals nitrates are not a good thing. Nitrate will also help the fuel unwanted algae growth.

The live rock serves to denitification deep inside (anaerobic) (without O2) the rock.

And wow this thread title has gone by the wayside.:lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9125958#post9125958 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hobster
Bioballs are OK in filters for fish only tanks. Since the bacteria is exposed to oxygen they are not very good at converting Nitrates. That's why they are called "nitrate factories" they are very good at what they do(breaking down ammonia to Nitrite, but for most corals nitrates are not a good thing. Nitrate will also help the fuel unwanted algae growth.

The live rock serves to denitification deep inside (anaerobic) (without O2) the rock.

And wow this thread title has gone by the wayside.:lol:

standard for this fourm! we all must have add

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9126727#post9126727 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by keinreis
see I was sooo creative on that one I added an L

That is a real work of art:rolleyes:

Hey, My father in law is a really talented commercial artist for an old fart. He does logos and stuff all the time. If you give me ideas I will send them to him.

SWFMAS super imposed over a pic of a coral or local fish or whatever

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9127335#post9127335 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hobster

Hey, My father in law is a really talented commercial artist for an old fart. He does logos and stuff all the time. If you give me ideas I will send them to him.

Yea do it marco! this talented commercial artist is way tooo lazy!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9127451#post9127451 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hobster
Your avitar states "director" not "are- teast"

Get creating then.:lol:

I graduated I suppose! LOL basically CREATIVE DIRECTOR = ART DIRECTOR = guy who gets stuck doing all the art for the comany,

here is an original thought- copy the RC logo.

And does anyone have some live rock rubble I can have to replace my balls?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9127485#post9127485 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tsmonrad
here is an original thought- copy the RC logo.

And does anyone have some live rock rubble I can have to replace my balls?

4 months ago I would have!

no, but i need some as well ... i reay want to add sme more small liverock rubble to my fuge ... i know ryan down @ saltwater has ALOT of small rubble that would be perfect for my application .. he had that stuff in his LR curing bins.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9127335#post9127335 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hobster

i've kind of taking aliking to the following picture .. nto sure if its practical or not

tubbataha+reef.jpg

would be cool to fade the blue on the right into a blue background to the right of that picture where it would then say the 'SWFMAS" and maybe a slogan ?

just an idea

Back