Looking for a controller ??'s

Fig

Hi, I'm looking for a simple controller to control my heater,lights and a fan for them. I already have a Pinpoint PH monitor, but it would be nice to add that also to the controller. So I guess what would be the controller for those 4 things. Any suggestions? Thanks Tim

Alternate to RKL

Alternate to RKL

what is a comparable unit or alternative to the RKL?

Last edited:
I've got the AC Jr. and it's done a good job. Right after I got it I wanted MORE (isn't that ALWAYS the case). If I were buying right now and it was a a long-term purchase I would go with the AC Apex controller.

Yeah, I'd love to have the Apex, but I can't justify spending that much right now. What are your regrets with the Jr?

I've been eyeing the Apex and RKE and may go with the Apex to check status while i' out of town. I heard the RKL or RKE would fit the bill for just monitoring. Dan

I've been eyeing the Neptune AquaController Jr. Any opinions on that system?

I've used it from the start on my 28g Nanocube. I opted for the DC8 and actually use all the plug outlets.

Not a single complaint and it was pretty easy to set up and maintain(I've changed some of my timers around due to daylight savings time and my shift work.)

I definitely would recommend the Reefkeeper Lite. From my understanding, I hear its much easier to setup vs the AC Jr. The price is also slightly cheaper with the same amount of benefits.

I bought the original RK four or five years ago and couldn't be without it. I HIGHLY recommend controllers.

Now I need something to control pH and ORP for calcium reactor and ozone dosing. I'm leaning towards the RK lite but waiting to see what company Ecotech is giving the rights to for a vortech module on their controller. I fear that it will be either the Apex or RK Elite instead of their lighter controllers. I don't want to spend that much just to pick up the Vortech module. I could just continue using the stock MP10 controller.

I've heard the AC Jr. is a better product I just can't remember why.

Data logging. I'm not sure about the newer RK models, but the older ones didn't have that feature. That was the deciding factor for me when choosing my acjr over the RK2. And I have no regrets, the acjr has worked flawlessly for me.

My RKL V3 works perfectly for me.
Monitors and controls everything via temp, ph and DA's float switch - MH, heater, fan, ATO, etc.

Its pretty upgradable too. The SL1 will monitor ph and ORP and the SL2 will do salinity.
And if you ever decide you want the extra features of the RKE, you can upgrade via DA for no extra cost.

Nirvanaandtool, I'm not sure you're 100% correct. You are definitely able to upgrade from a RKL to a RKE, but I believe you have to return the RKL head unit along with a little extra $$$ in order to receive the RKE Module. All the accessories are compatible with both units.

Back