looking for a good home for my 8 year old clownfish

sometinfishy

I'm looking for a good home for my sweet loveable clownfish. He has hosted in a soft coral all his life, and he seems to think it is an anenome. He is healthy, but my tank seems to be going downhill. I just don't have the time anymore to upkeep it, and I don't want my clownfish to suffer. He has been a member of the family, and he has been with me for 8 years. He is so sweet and like a dog. He watches me when I approach his tank and gets excited, thinking I'm going to feed the fatso! LOL. I get the little defrosted brine shrimp and put them on my finger, and he swims to me and pecks them off, even biting me once, and leaving a mark. Those clowns do have tiny serrated teeth you know! Anyway, if anyone EXPERIENCED with reefkeeping is interested please let me know. There is more that goes with this fish in regards to coral, tank etc... I don't want to list too much stuff, because then someone might be interested more in that than the fish itself....

Now the last time I posted on this board, I had my head ripped off, so please just email me bfrisbee2@hotmail.com. I won't respond here.

I had listed free live rock back in 2007 and I had a war over it with people having tantrums about who contacted me first, and who should get the free rock etc... THis time, I am more focused on "reefkeeping experience" not first come first serve...

Although I don't want money for my fish, it would be stupid to list it for free. If you list a free animal on craigslist or places like that...most likely it will end up as food for another animal...I've even heard of sicko's torturing the poor "free animals", so for safety I am trying to eliminate those type of "sickos" and I'm asking for a "best offer".

I will email a pic of my fish and tank to serious people.

THanks, kathleen

"Now the last time I posted on this board, I had my head ripped off, so please just email me bfrisbee2@hotmail.com. I won't respond here."

I don't think you'll get a response. Last activity was 5/26/11.

I decided to keep my clownfish. He's thriving in a new tank, and is now 9 years old. I tried to delete and even edit my post, but I can't figure it out, sorry... If anyone can do it (a moderator) please do. Thanks.

My clownfish is now about twenty years old. (I got my Clown when my son was an infant. My son turns twenty the second week of April. ) I love my clown so much, but I’m contemplating rehoming him for various reasons to the right person. If anyone is located close to Fair Oaks Calif (Sacramento county) and is interested, please email me at bfrisbee2@hotmail.com ( I’m not good at using or checking these reef boards. )
As painful as it is, I’m looking to rehome Nemo to an experienced Reefer. Thank you

That’s a heck of fish! I’m sure it was happy in your tank. I can’t help out with the rehoming but yea that’s a good long life

My clownfish is now about twenty years old. (I got my Clown when my son was an infant. My son turns twenty the second week of April. ) I love my clown so much, but I’m contemplating rehoming him for various reasons to the right person. If anyone is located close to Fair Oaks Calif (Sacramento county) and is interested, please email me at bfrisbee2@hotmail.com ( I’m not good at using or checking these reef boards. )
As painful as it is, I’m looking to rehome Nemo to an experienced Reefer. Thank you

I took an 8 year old tomato clown from a local club member. She drew blood every time I put my hand in the tank... meaner than a domino damsel!

Back