Looking for a light for a 24" long tank

Ludwigia73

Reef Reef Reef Reef Reef
Premium Member
Can be either t-5 or power compact, it will be a planted tank. I don't want intense light, so a 2 bulb t-5 setup or a 1 or 2 bulb power compact would be fine. I'm doing a planted tank for my wife, complete with flourite (or laterite) gravel, driftwood, java fern (likes lower light) some swords, of course some ludwigia, and any others that might catch our eye. Thanks in advance for checking your parts bins, junk drawers, etc... looks aren't that important, I may be making a hood. Anything could be the ticket. Thanks!

Chris

Oh, and new is out... was by Beverly's today, looked at some small power compact fixtures, No Way I'm spending $65 on a tiny light, that I'd need 3 of to work on that tank. I'm even considering a 2x65w aqualight, if anyone has an oldie.

I have a 2x65 current model. Only catch is that is is 30 inches, but the bulbs themselves are 24 inches. The mounting feet are adjustable. Let me know.

I've got a 96w x 4 pc retro kit. Runs 4 bulbs on 2 ballast. You could just use the two and cut the reflector to fit your hood.

Inner, I'm looking for something with bulbs, by the time I buy your retro kit (which, knowing you, will be a good deal), and then buy bulbs, I could've bought a 2x65w kit. Post a little more about them, I'm sure someone on here will jump on them! For example, what length are the 96w bulbs? and bear in mind, when he says 4 bulbs, I'm pretty sure he means 4 pc bulbs which looks like 8 bulbs, or 4 pairs. 1 pair per socket, 2 pairs per ballast. Thanks for the offer, though!

it has 2 new bulbs. one 10k one actinic bulbs. you would need 2 more. i know what you mean just been too lazy to take pics. will prob just bring to upcoming pbmas swap.the fixture has a reflector for 48" tank and 4 sockets that go to two ballast. im assuming the bulbs are 18-20" or so.

let me know ill measure ect and ill let it go cheap...

Nstiesi, the housing is just aluminum, and it's an extruded housing. So, unless it's packing some serious electronics in there, i could cut the housing down a few inches so it's not overhanging the tank in a crazy manner.

Back