Looking for a med-large gigantea anemone to host clowns

isseym328

Premium Member
Hello!

I got a pair of clowns coming in soon and want to pick up a hopefully well established gig. However happy to check out ones at stores if you see them. Let me know thank you!

HAHA! I asked Steve to be on the look out for me this weekend! Worse come to worst I might just pick up a BTA and crossing my fingers no warfare with my csb. I'm using carbon. :D

HAHA! I asked Steve to be on the look out for me this weekend! Worse come to worst I might just pick up a BTA and crossing my fingers no warfare with my csb. I'm using carbon. :D
Just depends on the size of your tank maybe. It didn't work out for me in a 40 and 90... the 90 took longer for the warfare, but eventually the csb started shrinking until I removed the other BTA. I've tried - wild rainbow, red, and green. Keep us posted on what happens if you decide to try.

Agreed I don't have 100% confidence it will work. I feel like most of the conversations on this in the end it doesn't work out. I spoke with Tony earlier and he had success by using a lot of carbon....but he also has a huge tank! I will keep you guys posted.

Well just an update for those interested in yet another experiment with mixing anemones. I saw a few carpets online during black Friday and cyber Monday, and also a couple in store. Found only one gig but it was too small for my pair. I went for a green slightly bleached haddoni that had a good foot grasp and tight mouth. I think if this one works out I'm going collect all the colors.

I placed the haddoni the opposite side of the csb in an 8 footer. Didn't use cipro but I have both UV and carbon running. Will update again in a week and let you know if I see any shrinkage in both nems.

Well just an update for those interested in yet another experiment with mixing anemones. I saw a few carpets online during black Friday and cyber Monday, and also a couple in store. Found only one gig but it was too small for my pair. I went for a green slightly bleached haddoni that had a good foot grasp and tight mouth. I think if this one works out I'm going collect all the colors.

I placed the haddoni the opposite side of the csb in an 8 footer. Didn't use cipro but I have both UV and carbon running. Will update again in a week and let you know if I see any shrinkage in both nems.
No need for this experiment. It'll be fine. I thought you were going to be super ballzee and try your luck with CSB/Rainbow lol

Wait there has already been successful attempts with CSB and carpets? If so that is great news!

When you say rainbow you talking about rainbow rbtas? I'm planning to attemp that as well as shermans! Any success on those?

Wait there has already been successful attempts with CSB and carpets? If so that is great news!

When you say rainbow you talking about rainbow rbtas? I'm planning to attemp that as well as shermans! Any success on those?
Definitely yes on your first sentence, including first count experience. You definitely won't have an issue there... lol

Second sentence... both and unfortunately. NO Green, No Rainbow, No Sherman, No Wild flame... CSB are very very weak...

Last edited:
CSB doesn't live with any other BTA.. not even their different CSB or Inferno or Supernova.. they will eventually kill each other. unless you run over whelming amount of carbon. Just not worth it imo.

CSB mix with any other type of anemone no problem. I have it with my Gig, Haddoni and few others for years

CSB doesn't live with any other BTA.. not even their different CSB or Inferno or Supernova.. they will eventually kill each other. unless you run over whelming amount of carbon. Just not worth it imo.

CSB mix with any other type of anemone no problem. I have it with my Gig, Haddoni and few others for years
Truth...

Looks like you may have found a nem but I was about to post a thread for my Gigantea anemone. I'd say its in the 7"+ range in my high flow tank. Might be bigger if the flow was less. It's established, was treated with cipro for bacterial infection when I first got it. The treatment was successful and hasn't deflated in the 10 or so months since I've treated it.

Currently under t5 lights and stuck to my bottom glass. I'm only selling because I went back to bare bottom and am worried it will decide to move and kill my acropora. I have a pair of percula the gig hosts. They display mating behavior but I haven't seen any eggs. I purchased them as C-Quest lineage from a local breeder but can't really verify that.

$200 for the nem alone. It's tan, but has some very nice pink and purple hues ot it in person. Some nice fluorescence under blue lighting as well. $350 with the pair of clowns. About 18 months old.

Pictured under t5s .Mostly blue plus, some coral plus and actinic lamps.
Gigantea-2.jpg
57AD0397-7A17-42C8-93E7-3FD63AC8A6A2.jpeg

Not the best representation but all blues and filter
gigantea.jpg

Smite I am def interested think I still have your number from our last transaction let’s chat offline. 9096184828

Thanks dwizzle! Yeah to be honest I've been posting my number for like 20+ years and yes I do get those spams but never the ones asking for deposit. Only through FB. :D

Update for those interested. In the last few weeks I purchased 5 gigs and so far 3 survived. One is from Smite and obviously doing great since it has been treated. Two from PTF died I believe part of the reason is they were dyed something I should've noticed before I picked them up. I bought a baby tan gig at petsmart and it's doing surprisingly well. Last one I picked up yesterday a nice blue gig, dipped it in reef dip and so far so good it attached to the sand/rock. I have six clowns in my tank and the largest a wild 4 inch bicinctus is my only concern is that the gig is too small for it. We will see! Pic below, and still looking for a green, purple, and red/pink gig to complete the collection. :D

IMG_8765.jpg

Nice! Where did you find the blue?

Red pink gig would be so nice! Havent seen it for years

Thanks Tony! I don't expect to get the red pink gig for a long time/never as I don't like to spend too much on nems. The green and purple hues are doable though. I picked up the blue gig from PTF.

Pacman562 thanks! The blue gig was $200.

Not out of the woods yet will update in a couple weeks on the blue one. They could look great the first week and go downhill...

Back