Looking For Colorful, Hardy, Fast Growing Soft Corals

CuzzA

Some of you may have been following the cylinder build I'm working on for the children's medical center. I'll be filling it with water tomorrow and shortly I'll be in need of a bunch of soft corals.

I'm looking for mostly corals that fluoresce and are colorful. Any donations of overgrown corals would be greatly appreciated as well. I know there's a few species that many of you damn near throw away.

I'm open to suggestions and would like to see pictures of what you have. I won't be able to pick up for a few weeks until I get the water right both chemically and biologically. Also, everything will have to be attached on a frag plug or rock rubble.

Right now I'm thinking of the following:

Pulsing Xenia
Green Star Polyps
Blue Sympodium
Mushrooms (Green, Orange, Red, Blue, Hairy, etc.)
Palys and Zoas (Nothing Crazy or expensive)
Leathers (Fingers, Toadstools, Cabbage, etc.)
Kenya Tree
Nepthea
Pipe Organ

Also looking for one nice size torch.

Let me know what you got. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have some neon green mushrooms on some plugs if you would like they are not very big by any means but it might help and if my girlfriends Kenya tree in her tank keeps dropping babies I will gather them up too...and I have some tanish green palys that needs to be scrapped off the glass like 200- 300 if you want to try and attach them somehow your more then welcome to them ....your welcome to all of these free when your ready

That would be awesome Snake. Thank you.

Chad, how big are we talking? And I know you're breaking your system down so what's your timeline on it?

I have one too. Lol. Bad purchase. Damn thing needs the whole far side of my tank. Thank you, but I'll probably pass. I'm really hoping to cover the rock as much as possible, not to mention if I had to try and get it out of there it would be tough.

I have a few palys I can spare - nothing super colorful but they're good growers and will give some movement.

We are fighting ich at the moment so it's probably best that you won't be ready immediately anyway. Our fallow period starts today.

I might have some for you. I will get a picture tonight and see if you are interested. They would come on a 4 poundish rock

I know they have had a bad rep in the past as short lived but the elegance corals at FAOIS are cheap and real hardy. I've had mine for over a year now and it really glows.

1e9f6a97f229d575909a83029b9282f0.jpg
about a 8 ricordias $50

1d60824ab623ac9dbaee62c98e41affb.jpg

Rockfloweranemone
$20

0d40641ab95c307f3284a716d4542897.jpg

Gsp
$15

Thank you everyone.

I know they have had a bad rep in the past as short lived but the elegance corals at FAOIS are cheap and real hardy. I've had mine for over a year now and it really glows.

Irish, I'm trying to stay away from any hard corals except one torch. The torch is only because of the similarities in appearance of an anemone and a possible host for the clowns.

Cuzza,

I have a bunch on your list.

Big, PM what you have to offer. Thanks.

about a 8 ricordias $50

Rockfloweranemone
$20

Gsp
$15

I will definitely consider the ricordias and GSP, unless someone donates. I'll have to pass on the anemone. Thank you.

Thats like a donation 20 bucks for that anemone jejej txt me so we can talk i can meet you tomorrow 407 929 six 0 0 two

I have a small piece of Kenya tree attached to a sea shell. It's yours if you want it. I can send you a picture later today.

Cuzza,

I have Kenya tree, a GSP frag and a rock with some red mushrooms on it. I'm going to be changing my tank's aquascape soon and I'm going to eliminate some of the old original corals I have that I don't like too much.

The only catch is that you will have to wait until I breakdown the tank and start moving things around. I'm almost done with my new stand and if I can make the time to finish it in the next few weeks, I should be able to move things around before July gets here.

Back