Looking for some Macros in NC

Hey guys, gals:

My newly set up 10g nano finally had ammonia/nitrite crash yesterday, everything reading very near 0 now. Im looking to add some macros to keep nitrites under control. I also will be adding a 10g sump/refug this weekend, and ordering a cleanup crew tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone here had some macros they would be interested in selling, Im looking for a good mix of stuff and maybe a few pieces to put in the display tank. I'm guessing that I will have better luck finding them here than anywhere else.

Thanks guys

Hey, if you're willing to wait until about March, you can collect a lot of macros at the coast yourself. Most of the ones you can find off the coast of the Carolinas should survive to some degree. Codium, Ulva, Sargassum, and many others are very common. March is the best time of year to collect because phytoplankton levels are down and the higher algae is able to bloom because of water clarity. It's really a ton of fun!
-Will

I have plenty of grape Caluerpa here in Raleigh, shoot me a PM or an email if you are interested...

Take er easy
Scott t.

Back