looking for some used equipment

Discus420

just moved down to florida and im fially getting ready to set up my tank again. im having to start over and im looking to get some used equipment to save some money and get my tank up and running. setting up a 65 gal reef. please let me know if you have anything laying around that you dont mind getting out of your way. not looking to get it for free, willing to pay whats its worth. thanks mark

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8744200#post8744200 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jdhuyvetter
I've got two 30 gallon sumps I just picked up with a 120 tank. I only need the tank.

not to steal this guys stuff as I will let him have first dibs, but what are the dimensions on the sumps?

i have some VHO ballasts, endcaps & old bulbs .... i believe they are 48" bulbs.
also have ballasts for PC's.

have a skimmer, too bad i just got rid of quite a bit of liverock today. i have 2 (30lbs /each i think) bags of fine sand.

btw .. where are you? ft.myers, cape coral, lehigh, bonita, naples etc.?

i would be intrested in at least one sump. what dimensions, any pics? drilled? how big is the skimmer? what brand of sand? how much are you guys wanting for these items? im located down in naples, buy saltwater solutions. thanks for the quick replies

the sand is real fine ... no brand ... a guy in miami imported it ... hobster took 2 bags of it as well ... he said it seems like decent sand. it does need a little cleaning though .... ryan (coralfarmer84) has used the same sand ...

skimmer:
IMG_3264.JPG

PICT0569.JPG

it works pretty well ... i guess i had the water level set too *high* - now its making a bunch of skimmate.

and i have a Red Sea Berlin (NOT the XL)

* EDITED *

Typical 30 long. Not drilled, each one is set up a little different (as far as the compartments go)

how much do you want for one of them? im going to need a sump for sure. where are you located at so i can look at which one would be better. thanks

Lehigh acres. If you want to come help me get the 120 out of the back of my truck and into the garage on Sunday, you can take your pick!

Back