Loud Sump Discussion

I run Sicce syncra silence pumps and love every one I have. But now with all the affordable DC pumps on the market I will be using one on my next build from friends experiences with them. Super low power consumption, low noise and a lot of adjustment with them. I have a jebao DC 12000 in the garage and 2x DC 6000( will get you where you want flow wise, I bought an extra one because they were so inexpensive) on the way for my kids tank.

My reccomendation would be either of the two. Jebao has been pretty reliable as of late so I think it's a pretty safe bet.

Ok so I finally got all the plumbing in from BRS and WOW is all I can say...

I never imagined that my sump could be so quiet and it would be so easy to do. I do still have one problem and its related to the return area of my sump. I didn't include a ball/gate valve on the return hose because I figured I wouldn't need to meter it back but it seems the Mag 5 is a little too ferocious and is sucking the water level in its area pretty low.

I figure I could either add a ball valve or just replace the pump itself. It doesn't seem to make sense to have an oversized pump and restrict it since you are wasting electricity when you could just be using a smaller pump. Can anyone recommend a pump in the ~400 gph range? The mag pump itself is fine but is pretty loud. I would prefer if it still had the 1/2 inch outlet so I could attach my 3/4 silicone tubing to it no problemo.

Thanks for the reply.

I was looking at the Sicce 1.5 pump but will definitely check out jebao. I think about 350 gph would be perfect for my set up then I could use the Mag 5 to pump water from my change bucket to the tank.

edit

How loud are the jebaos? I don't want to get something as loud as this mag because now that I switched to the herbie drain its all I can hear!

Edit 2..

Think Im going to go with a rio 1100 (380 gph). 26 bucks with prime shipping.

Last edited:
Back