LR and Dry Rock

Tazman282

I have been cycling my dry rock for two weeks now with a half shrimp, everything is going well but very slow. I know patience is key but I purchased a piece of LR from local store and just wanted to see if anyone could see any bad stuff. I am going to inspect tonight and see if anything else comes out. I just figured with this amount of dry rock why bring in pests if I don't have to. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 0
No

No

Here is the current setup, 2 250 wt MH and 2 CF 10k. 2 CF actinic. What is the ideal height above the tank, lower, higher, where it is. Ideally I think lower looks better but looking for optimum use of lights.

Thanks for any info.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 0
I like your rock placement!! And you are correct slow is key..after adding the LR just keep an eye on your parameters it may push the cycle out on your tank..that is if you have started the cycle in your tank

I found a few different types of worms after dark so instead of adding the piece I took a chisel to it and broke off the outer most pieces. I found crabs, three different types of worms, starfish, and four different snails.

As far as the lights, any suggestions to height above the tank?

Back