lr ?s

vr697getta

i bought around 80-90 lbs of lr
its cover in thick algae and other bad stuff right now i have it in a 50 or 60 gallon rubber maid tub with close to 2000 gph of water flow
and i have a skimmer is it worth it to put it in with the lr
it also has a bad case of flat worms
is there any thing other than flat worm exit i can use because there is no corals, inverts, or fish in it
please let me know if there is any other things to help my process of cleaning the lr
thanks roland

also should i have heater in it one of the pumps is a mag 12 and it puts off some heat already
one other thing is salinity right now is at 1.023 is that good

lower the salinity. I know people woh keep fish only with a salinty of 1.013 and they have live rock. most things cant live in that low of a salt level the live rock should be fine.

your best bet would be to cook the LR. in other wards put it in the rubbermaid container and cover it so that it is dark and leave it be. keep the powerheads going and the skimmer would also be a good idea. do 20% water changes every week and in about 2 monthes all the algae should be dead.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12887657#post12887657 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kau_cinta_ku
your best bet would be to cook the LR. in other wards put it in the rubbermaid container and cover it so that it is dark and leave it be. keep the powerheads going and the skimmer would also be a good idea. do 20% water changes every week and in about 2 monthes all the algae should be dead.

+ 1 with kau_cinta_ku

If you can get a few Black...or...dark RubberMaid containrs.

Put the LiveRock in there ..........ANY WAY....do what kau_cinta_ku said.....The KEY.....IS The Light.........algae loves light.

Kill the light....keep the water flow going....algae will be gone

thanks for the info
but as far as the flat worms i know i can pick up something to kill them
at a lfs and that would save time on shipping can't remember the name but it says remove the inverts not that thats possible in a display tank but since i don't have any snails or anything it shouldn't be a big deal right
but i got this lr for a great price all 80 -90 lbs for 50 bucks

Back