LTA won't stop moving

Joe0813

Ive been in this hobby for about 10 years now with many many BTAS. My wife bought an LTA the other day for her 40 gallon tank and this thing will not stop moving around the tank. it completely detaches from the rock work or the little caves we try and stick his foot next to. I have never had an anemone do this. usually I've put them in the tank and they attach kind of around where I put them. anyone have any tips trying to get this thing to stay put?

Ive been in this hobby for about 10 years now with many many BTAS. My wife bought an LTA the other day for her 40 gallon tank and this thing will not stop moving around the tank. it completely detaches from the rock work or the little caves we try and stick his foot next to. I have never had an anemone do this. usually I've put them in the tank and they attach kind of around where I put them. anyone have any tips trying to get this thing to stay put?

They like deep sand beds or sticking themselves into the sand beds from under a rock. If you got a deep sand bed..they will like sticking themselves in it. I have 3 of them and while they move at least they stick to the bottom versus climbing the glass wall. Mine have tucked themselves away from the water flow and powerhead. Mine have moved around but usually in the general vicinity. I got this mini cave that has entrances front and back and it stuck itself in the cave protruding whatever direction it feels like either front or back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup just read they like being on the sand... probably why it wouldn't stay put in the rock work. never knew that about them. into the sand he goes

The LTA will take over one-third to half your tank in one year. They get fairly large once fully expanded. Mine starts moving if I don’t feed it at least once a month. Good luck with yours.

if it starts getting to big for her tank I have a 180 reef that I can move it over to. I didn't even think they got that big.

Back