Macboat WP-40 group buy appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKAREEF

For those of us that have not only been following the WP-40 AZ Frag group buy but have ordered them as well can see just how much work it takes to coordinate a GB.

I want say Thank you to Macboat for stepping up and helping us all out in taking this on and managing the group buy, also in getting us to be the first to test and enjoy the new WP 25.

For those not aware, Macboat is currently cycling a new 34g, so I would like to challange all of those that have ordered on the GB. In appreciation for all of his work lets get his 34g on it way with a frag, coral etc donation.

So, Macboat. I would like to offer to you a couple frags to help jump start your 34g. Zoa's, gorgonias, LPS, SPS whatever I have, you can take your pick.

And to put you on the spot: It would be nice for us to know the direction or wish list you may have.

Thanks again.

Thanks man....The reason I have 34G is because my 12G is way too crowded. I am fine on corals now.
I just asked Adam to host my gonipora the other day cause I couldn't fit him in now.
But thanks a lot for your support in GB!

Last edited:
Thanks Macboat! Since your full on corals for you tank..I'd like to offer you a free detail at my dealership..I know it's far out the way but everyone likes a nice clean and waxed car/truck!

Thanks you again my friend! Hopefully everything goes smoothly in getting the pumps. Don't want do any premature celebration :D

zoas for macboat

zoas for macboat

With the number of people getting pumps, it would be fun to see what kind of ridiculous zoa collection macboat could end up with! I have a electric lemon colored zoa for you, Thanks Macboat. This represents the Phx reefers well. Before this GB, I asked to get in a group buy in the northwest and got ignored..

Question, why was the GB Thread closed on 06/20 with this Gustopo Post of Group Buy Rules? Feel free to PM me if you want.

Did you read the post by DC?

A "Group Buy" is defined as a group of hobbyists pooling their orders to save shipping costs and potentially get a group discount. Reef Central has never allowed "global" group buys - ie, group buys that cross local boundaries and involve drop shipping to multiple addresses (often in multiple states). Those aren't "group buys," but vendor sales in violation of RC's commercial rules, and in fact often involve the same individual organizer for multiple sales (ie, they're running their own basement business).

So, let's be clear: Local Club sanctioned Group Buys are okay. The organizer cannot be affiliated with the vendor or product(s), nor have a greater monetary or other benefit than other participants. If the group buy involves shipping to multiple addresses and/or involves non-local participation the sale will be removed and the organizer will receive an infraction (which can lead to Probationary status and loss of sales and PM privileges, so don't go there).

Thank you for your cooperation and helping to return the focus of the forums to the exchange of reef-related information.

EDIT: After consideration we have decided to allow individual ship group buys. However they must be conducted in the vendor's forum. All other rules still apply. Thank you.

Thank you very much for all the hard effort you put in. I picked up my 4 boxes about 3 weeks ago and I am looking forward to putting them into production.

Yes I read the post, that's why I asked.... what about the Group buy caused the RC gods to reign in? I also noticed that every other club has the sticky in their forums.

I think this was the main infraction.

Reef Central has never allowed "global" group buys - ie, group buys that cross local boundaries and involve drop shipping to multiple addresses (often in multiple states).

Reef Central has never allowed "global" group buys - ie, group buys that cross local boundaries and involve drop shipping to multiple addresses (often in multiple states).

I'm interested in a little more clarification as I have done a couple group buys and am planning on more. I don't want to run afowl of the rules. RC has been a great source of info for me and I wish to respect their desires regarding how their forum is used.

I may be wrong but I don't think drop shipping was involved. I didn't participate but I followed the thread.

If I'm not mistaken, drop shipping is where an order is placed by a dealer for a buyer and the seller ships it directly to the buyer by-passing delivery to the dealer. Macboat was taking delivery and then shipping it to the GB participant.

It looked like Macboat put in a lot of effort and it went off nicely.

Last edited:
I think it was closed just because it was over, as far as I saw no RC rules were broken during that GB.

I took another look at the rules and I think this is the section that actually applied.

"If the group buy involves shipping to multiple addresses and/or involves non-local participation the sale will be removed and the organizer will receive an infraction (which can lead to Probationary status and loss of sales and PM privileges, so don't go there)."

However, I'm a little confused about what this portion of the rules mean. I understand if this section is used by a GB it has to be done in the vendor's forum. What is an "individual ship group buy"?

"EDIT: After consideration we have decided to allow individual ship group buys. However they must be conducted in the vendor's forum. All other rules still apply. Thank you. "

I took another look at the rules and I think this is the section that actually applied.

"If the group buy involves shipping to multiple addresses and/or involves non-local participation the sale will be removed and the organizer will receive an infraction (which can lead to Probationary status and loss of sales and PM privileges, so don't go there)."

However, I'm a little confused about what this portion of the rules mean. I understand if this section is used by a GB it has to be done in the vendor's forum. What is an "individual ship group buy"?

"EDIT: After consideration we have decided to allow individual ship group buys. However they must be conducted in the vendor's forum. All other rules still apply. Thank you. "

I am guessing you can drop ship to multiple address but you still have to keep it local.

I don't know about this but I do know mcboat has been banned by RC. I feel bad for him. He doesn't deserve this.

Wow! Can't say I'm surprised, the moderation here is extremely heavy-handed. I agree, Macboat is a good guy who did a favor to our local club and prompted clubs nationwide to do Jebao group buys - he deserves a kudos from admins not this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back