MACNA XX - Atlanta

ChrisBuono

Check out the MACNA XX website. I am already looking forward to next year.

"We have selected the Westin Peachtree Plaza as the host hotel for this event. It is the tallest hotel in the western hemisphere. Our negotiated room rate is $119.00 per night. This 73-story tower, topped by the revolving Sun Dial Restaurant, Bar & View, graces the heart of Atlanta. Connected to AmericasMart, The Westin Peachtree Plaza, is steps from CNN, Georgia Aquarium, Georgia World Congress Center and the Georgia Dome."

http://www.macnaxx.com/

Pre-Reg - $89

I'm already thinking of taking the train down. Anyone want to share a sleeper car? I think each sleeper holds 4.

MACNA XX September 5-7, 2008 in Atlanta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are excited about this conference. We already have Pre-registered and paid as many as most of the total attendance of the first 15 or so MACNAs, so it should be huge. Combine that with a great hotel, great speakers, cheap flights, and the Georgia Aquarium and we have everything to try to get you guys to have a good time while in Atlanta.

The hotel is great, and the room night of $119 can't be beat, it usually is in the $250-300 range. We were able to negotiate pretty well, but rooms are going fast.

There is a lot to do in Atlanta if people come early or bring significant others - CNN, Olympic Park, the Georgia Aquarium, the Children's museum, the world of Coke, and Hooters (hey, I know my audience) is within a 5 minute walk, and MARTA goes from inside the airport to the hotel for $1.75 - so no cab charges. The same MARTA can take you to the Braves, shopping centers, etc. We are also getting together a kids program (popcorn and movies in the hotel) to allow parents to go to the banquet and speakers. We will offer that at cost.

Oh, and the banquet is food by Wolfgang Puck. No open bar like Pittsburgh, but good food inside a great banquet hall inside the largest aquarium in the world with two windows - one toward the largest indoor aquatic exhibit in the world (over 6 million gallons - the size of a football field) that includes four whale sharks and the other one toward the four beluga whales.

Please use this thread to ask questions and I will try to check in to answer them. You can also check out our website.

So who is going from your club?

Steve

Back