macros in the main tank

rbla51

any suggestions on what macros i could get growing under high intesity leds at the top of my tanks rockwork? And yes, i did try the search function

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 0
  • fish 2.jpg
    fish 2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 0
Do you want fish to eat it? Or did you want the macro as decoration?
Also what kind of look do you like? Big leaves or soft turf?

Not sure what happened to the OP, but I am looking for both. I'm thinking of a mixture of seagrasses, C prolifira, (sp?), and some other, more palatable plants.

My goal is to have a nice looking display that is also somewhat self sustainable with plants and pods. I am going to get this established and growing before fish.

Also I should add I have a Midas Blenny in there now, who probably won't touch the stuff, I have no intention of housing Tangs (tank size), and I have plenty of green hair on my rocks.

I have been looking at some fish who are grazers though. Multibar Angel for one. Also, if this dispaly could help control phosphates as well, that's also a plus.

I don't have a preference on size or shape. I just want hardy and something that clings to the rocks

any suggestions on what macros i could get growing under high intesity leds at the top of my tanks rockwork? And yes, i did try the search function

It will largely depend on what fish and inverts you have in your tank. That will limit the species of macroalgae that you'll be able to have.

Back