Madison Float Switch nut!

woodnaquanut

Anyone have any idea where to find the nut for a Madison M8000 float switch?

Madison specs this as a 1/8"NPT thread.

home depot and lowes have lots of nylon hardware. if they dont have it, ebay is a good place for random small parts because shipping will be pretty cheap.

My local HD and Lowes didn't have it. Went to/called just about every HW store/plumbing supply I could think of. Lots of nylon in SAE threads. It has been WAY too much trouble to find such a simple part!

then i would just glue it or something. i did a quick search on ebay and didnt find anything.

NPT threads are not made for a nut. The switch was designed to be screwed into a NPT tapped hole for mounting. I did find where one guy bought a 1/2" pipe coupling, cut it down some, and used it in place of a nut.

I'd think a 1\8" plastic tubing fitting would work well and is readily available at the local big box store. Get an elbow and it'll be easy to tighten as well. The linked one below from Grainger has a hex head built in if you prefer something you can get a wrench on.

http://www.grainger.com/product/PARKER-Bushing-WP124567/_/N-n1g?s_pp=false#nav=%2Fproduct%2FPARKER-Bushing-WP124567%2F_%2FN-n1gZ1z0nve7%3FR%3D3TJR3%26_%3D1401543782213%26s_pp%3Dfalse

What kind of gold is that made of? :)

It's $18.35!!

You're talking about the float switch from BRS, right? I made the mistake of getting one of those. Searched high and low and never found a nut or female threaded fitting that you could use with it. Asked BRS and never got a reply, either. I honestly don't know why they sell them, or at least why they don't sell a nut to go with them.

I haven't tried the electrical department. Most of those parts are metal, but if I find one that will work I'll let you know.

You're talking about the float switch from BRS, right? I made the mistake of getting one of those. Searched high and low and never found a nut or female threaded fitting that you could use with it. Asked BRS and never got a reply, either. I honestly don't know why they sell them, or at least why they don't sell a nut to go with them.

I haven't tried the electrical department. Most of those parts are metal, but if I find one that will work I'll let you know.

I did get a response from BRS. Wasn't very helpful. Just said, 'They should be easy to find'.

Maybe Minnesota HDs carry all the unusual nylon parts? :D

Nope - I live in MN (about 10 miles from BRS, actually,) and I can verify that the Home Depots here don't carry unusual nylon parts, either!

I think I found a fix!

I replaced an old Kent float valve and it's connector to the RO/DI used what seems to be the correct thread. A little careful work with a saw and I might have the two nuts I need!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. If anyone finds a source for the actual nut - if it exists - please post your source!

I think I found a fix!

I replaced an old Kent float valve and it's connector to the RO/DI used what seems to be the correct thread. A little careful work with a saw and I might have the two nuts I need!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. If anyone finds a source for the actual nut - if it exists - please post your source!

Grrr - I was hoping for a Home Depot find!

anybody happen to look on US Plastics site? they seem to have everything else.

I've poked around there some and haven't found anything yet. Doesn't mean they don't have it, though. Like you said, they have darn near everything

Back