Magfloat + Aqueon Tank bad news?

farfromsea

Hello all

I just bought a mag float and scraper for my 10 gallon FO tank. Used a scraper on my reef for the first time today and it was pretty sweet, wrists don't hurt from scraping. Total convert.

Anyways after successfully scraping the reef I went to scrap the FO after my water change and I swear I saw the glass separate at the corner. I could see a bit of water seeping into the seam as well. I obviously stopped using the magfloat.

Is this something common with aqueon tanks?

It is the aqueon 10 gallon. I received it used for free. The magfloat is the "small" version for up-to-30 gallons so I presumed it wasn't going to be catastrophic. I did a quick RC search and could only find tank breakdowns/sales regarding magfloats/breaks/aqueons.

Any advice/experiences of destruction appreciated

Cheers!

No this isn't normal, you have a tank problem that needs to be resolved asap. Chances are some idiot transported the tank one handed and damaged the seal.

Okay I'm glad to know I didn't buy the wrong Magfloat or something. Who knows what happened to the tank before I got it and possibly I was the idiot who did that when I got it? Who knows it was a year ago. I have kids and get distracted these days. Prime brain power constantly depleted. Will get a replacement tank and hold it with 2 hands lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back