magic eraser

if scientists think too many plastics are being consumed by marine wildlife (corals, fish, mammals, etc.) and this being another potential plastic introduced into our tanks, regardless of caution, is a setup for disaster and reducing the longevity of our home grown colonies. Nothing wrong with people buying an algae scraper or something else that does not introduce the potential for plastic breakdown.

Just because it's easy doesn't mean it is right!

The plastics problems that have been identified in the ocean are completely different than using a disposable pad in a fish tank for 2 minutes. Different plastics, different environmental conditions, different time frames, different degrees room factors, different kinds of animals affected.

Granted, a plastic molecule or two may bust loose once in a while. But most of our tanks are filled with plastics, polymers designed to degrade, metals, magnets & chemicals we've never identified and those we don't test for. Somehow it all works out. My original mag float's pad is wearing down after years of use. Where has that .000001 grams of plastic gone?

Just my opinion me though. That in $1 will get you a bad cup of coffee. If it worries somebody, thankfully there are lots of options! ;)

I have never found another glass cleaning tool that gets the algae out of any scratches in my tank. Without the magic eraser I probably would have had to buy a new tank.

well I bought one after reading this thread and it worked amazing on my acrylic sump.

can I use it on glass?

What gets algae out of the silicone caulk in glass tanks?

well I bought one after reading this thread and it worked amazing on my acrylic sump.

can I use it on glass?

What gets algae out of the silicone caulk in glass tanks?
Razor blade

But a raccoon butterfly would be safer.

Back