magic eraser

I can't speak for fish or corals, but I love eating my magic erasers. Poor man's rice crispy treat.

I clean off the algae in my tank with the magic eraser and then attach it to an algae clip. The next day it's all gone. They love it! Works great but I buy too many magic erasers now. I think nori would be cheaper. However the fish poop floats and I can just scoop it off the surface. Zero nitrates!

I don't do that.

So is majic eraser safe to remove algae from acrylic?

My sump is stained green from algae and acrylic .... I'd like to get it back to clear and see through

Be VERY VERY VERY careful to get the version of magic eraser that has no added antibiotics or you can kill your tank.

Don't magic erasers break down with use and that break down content consists of small plastic particles. Kinda like the same thing as micro beads which are being banned in some parts of the states.

I believe it's an inert plastic that is safe to use. However particles may stay in your tank from the scrubbing process.
12.gif
1xpjb

Don't magic erasers break down with use and that break down content consists of small plastic particles. Kinda like the same thing as micro beads which are being banned in some parts of the states.

I filleted an entire pad with a serrated knife. I did this on a black, clean smooth glass top stove. Looked at it under 10x magnification. Nothing. Not a single observable particle. Got a camera with greater optical magnification and digital enlargement. Nada.

Plus, I use a strip to clean the glass and it takes about 2 minutes. The strip of MCME is tightly wedged between two powerful magnets and is thoroughly lubricated. Then it goes in the trash when I'm done. Where's the opportunity for breakdown?

No, this isn't a scientific test, but good enough for me. I want clean glass and now I have it. Thank you Mr. Clean! Your TV commercials really scared me as a kid. Quite frankly you looked like a psychopath on steroids. And men didn't wear ear rings in those days. Scare eeee! But it's all good now...I love your product! It's awfully handy in the kitchen too.

I filleted an entire pad with a serrated knife. I did this on a black, clean smooth glass top stove. Looked at it under 10x magnification. Nothing. Not a single observable particle. Got a camera with greater optical magnification and digital enlargement. Nada.

Plus, I use a strip to clean the glass and it takes about 2 minutes. The strip of MCME is tightly wedged between two powerful magnets and is thoroughly lubricated. Then it goes in the trash when I'm done. Where's the opportunity for breakdown?

No, this isn't a scientific test, but good enough for me. I want clean glass and now I have it. Thank you Mr. Clean! Your TV commercials really scared me as a kid. Quite frankly you looked like a psychopath on steroids. And men didn't wear ear rings in those days. Scare eeee! But it's all good now...I love your product! It's awfully handy in the kitchen too.

Back in the '80s when I got my ear pierced I walked around the house for a good month only showing the right side of my face. When my Dad finally noticed it I got the pirates and bikers speech. He should've included Mr. Clean.

if scientists think too many plastics are being consumed by marine wildlife (corals, fish, mammals, etc.) and this being another potential plastic introduced into our tanks, regardless of caution, is a setup for disaster and reducing the longevity of our home grown colonies. Nothing wrong with people buying an algae scraper or something else that does not introduce the potential for plastic breakdown.

Just because it's easy doesn't mean it is right!

My new ArtFully Acrylic AIO-16 will be cleaned exclusively with Magic Eraser.

Attachments

• IMG_20160113_182353_edit.jpg
    IMG_20160113_182353_edit.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 0
Back