magnesium issues

I agree that the time of day doesn't matter much, although testing the same time every day helps keep better track of the consumption rate.

Going down to test the Mg one more time.... I have fed half the 2 liter bottle now, so I am hoping I see some effect in a good direction. I am kind of wondering how much I have added.....

Well.... we got about 925-950.... and the 2 liter bottle was closer to 1/4 left in it than half full. So I think I either need to do some better calculations or my corals are uptaking it readily.

Raising the magnesium will require vast amounts of supplement. Assuming the system has only 200g of water, it'll take 7 liters of the DIY supplement to raise the Mg from 875 to 1300.

I had my Mg up a bit, but after a week long vacation things are back down???? I didn't add any Ca or Alk suppliment the whole time I was gone and I did put MgCl & MgSO4 in the top off drip line water.

Bertoni: if you are still following, What is that DIY suppliment recipe exactly that I would have to add 7 liters of? What amount of MgCl & MgSO4 are we talking per liter. I have added what seems like a lot to me and I am back to square one somehow? The system is at least 250 gallons of water, likely 275.

I will be adding another 100 gallons to the system soon.... is there a good salt mix out there with high Mg levels that I can use to help boost the levels?

Back