Malibu S Series Aquarium LED

Just purchased the s400 for my 215. No coral yet, but once this light is in (next week hopefully) will start adding. Looking to go SPS for half of the tank. Not sure which lighting will be best to use? Never dealt with LED before, do the replacement bulbs have to come from Ledzeal? Are they expensive? How often do they need to be changed? lol I know dumb questions but I like this light and the options you get, plus the custom support was great.
Let us know what you think when you get it, still on the fence and awaiting the group buy price for the s400 to see if it's better than what Kevin quoted me already.

I will definitely. Kevin told me I should have it in next week, and I had to option to do the lighting layouts the way I want. The only thing I changed from what he recommended (updated layout asmodyous posted) was switching the two middle 12k lights to 14k in each light layout, gives slightly more blue. Other than that I went with the recommended layout, which is the one that seemed to make the most sense to me. The green and red Kevin said just adds a little bit of color to the light and I've seen my LFS with a custom LED that has tiny bits of red and green, and it does bring out certain colors on their tank. We shall see, worst comes to worst I just buy different colors. I plan on growing a lot of sticks in my tank, and have been waiting to upgrade to a light that can grow before adding coral. As soon as I'm comfortable with this light I will also start a threat to see how it grows coral over time.

Here is the Final Cost break Down with With and Without wired Controller

Model**Malibu*16" S120 MRSP $289 USD Sale $275.00 / $330.00

Model**Malibu*24" S150 MRSP $379 USD Sale $295.00 / $350.00

Model**Malibu*36" S200 MRSP $479 USD Sale $385.00 / $440.00

Model**Malibu*48" S300 MRSP $579 USD Sale $470.00 / $525.00

Model**Malibu*60" S400 MRSP $679 USD Sale $570.00 / $625.00

I paid $615 straight from ledzeal delivered to my door ordered a friday received the light the following friday with the wireless controller i dont think the price is too high considering i paid $500 for a photon which is 48" so far so good i did switch some of the 12000k whites to 4500k to help with red coloration as i went with no green or reds that was the one thing i did not like about my photon the pink hue .

Thats the one problem I have with these companies he bought the 400 for 615 and here you are getting a quote for a little more than that and you have been working on getting a good price, not that the price they gave you is bad, i just fell that they just give any price they feel like giving at that moment i have seen at least 7 or 8 different prices for the same unit

Thats the one problem I have with these companies he bought the 400 for 615 and here you are getting a quote for a little more than that and you have been working on getting a good price, not that the price they gave you is bad, i just fell that they just give any price they feel like giving at that moment i have seen at least 7 or 8 different prices for the same unit

Sorry about that I'm now under the impression that is the single unit price that they are offering me if I can get 5 or more units were at.

Model**Malibu*16" S120 MRSP $289 USD Sale $265.00 / $315.00

Model**Malibu*24" S150 MRSP $379 USD Sale $290.00 / $340.00

Model**Malibu*36" S200 MRSP $479 USD Sale $375.00 / $425.00

Model**Malibu*48" S300 MRSP $579 USD Sale $426.00 / $480.00

Model**Malibu*60" S400 MRSP $679 USD Sale $545.00 / $595.00

Pricing depends on it you get wireless controller and brackets are a little extra. My first quote kevin gave me was a little higher, I paid anyway. He wound up sending me 40 dollars back, and I didn't even mention anything. So far great service.

Mine. Just got it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 3
Third pic. So far I lov the settings, though still trying to figure out what I like the best.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2
They come with a warranty of 12~24 months for the Matrix S models.
24 Months: Driver Supply, Casing. 12 Month: LED bulbs , Fans and others Directly through the Manufacturer.

How did they tell you they would handle warranty issues when there is a problem?

How did they tell you they would handle warranty issues when there is a problem?

All items are manufacturer warranty through them. As specifics exactly not sure. Here found the 2 most important things

warranted by Ledzeal to the original purchaser to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for 1 (one) year from the date of purchase.

You must bear all packaging, shipping and insurance costs to them and free back.

I was told there was a US repair center, but there is not.
Their stated warranty on their website says they pay all cost the first year, but they don't.
It all looks good until there are problems. That is where the rubber meets the road!

Well good luck with them. I hope you make out better than I did!

there is some serious disco in those photos. Maybe its the camera and isn't as bad in real life?

Back