Maneuver Lab Reagents

mehboob97

Working with lab reagents is not an easy task in laboratories because scientists have to be extremely careful while dealing with such precious chemicals. What are your thoughts on this? Share your experience or the best practices you have been using.

Agreed. Can you briefly explain how you handled these situations or what precautionary measures you have taken to prevent these disasters?

Just follow section 11.16 of ICH Q7 guidelines.

Some additional tips are
Classify the laboratory reagents as liquids and solids.
Classify further as flammable, non-flammable, toxic, volatile, acidic, basic.
Classify the volumetric solutions as light-sensitive, light-resistant container compatibility broadly.
List out all the laboratory reagents as per the classification make a separate list for all these.

Read "How to Handle Laboratory Reagents and Standard Solutions" for a detailed explanation. Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers.

By the way, I have just joined the forum and right away I am having a healthy discussion. Looking forward to it.

Just follow section 11.16 of ICH Q7 guidelines.

Some additional tips are
Classify the laboratory reagents as liquids and solids.
Classify further as flammable, non-flammable, toxic, volatile, acidic, basic.
Classify the volumetric solutions as light-sensitive, light-resistant container compatibility broadly.
List out all the laboratory reagents as per the classification make a separate list for all these.

Read "How to Handle Laboratory Reagents and Standard Solutions" for a detailed explanation. Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers.

By the way, I have just joined the forum and right away I am having a healthy discussion. Looking forward to it.

Well, first thing first. Welcome to the forum. and thank you for the brief overview and source of this information.

Back