Mangrove leaves.

USA Reefer

Hi All,
I have 6 Red Root Mangroves in my refugium for about 2 months. The roots are growing very nice. My question is how long before I can expect to see leaves? Also do they leave from the top of the stem, or do the leaves branch out the sides? Thanks!

Here is a pic of my 6 Mangroves.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363829511.939969.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363829511.939969.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 0
The one in my system started to give leaves in about 2 weeks or less of been in my system. I read a forum here on how to take care of them that helped a lot. I think it depense on your water and the light. Do check one thing put your hand on top of the mangrove and check how much heat is hitting them if you can feel the heat its to much and it might be burning the top where the leaves would grow out of.

I had a mangrove in a bowl on our dining table. It would lose almost all of its leaves in winter and come back in the summer. Seems like you should be seeing leaves by now.

Are they growing at all? They will grow from the top unless you cut the growth tip. Then they will usually split in two directions.

The leaves are finally popping on the top of one plant. I think you guys are right on the heat from my lighting. I will raise it up a little. My hand is warm when at the plant level. I really appreciate the insight thanks for the responses!

Here are my Mangroves, I believe they are the Red's... I would like to get a few Black ones as well...

I got them all with barely one set of leaves, now 2-3 months later:

97C554E1-C480-4C22-BD07-8F281567F642-1525-000000EA635252B9_zps1bc607ae.jpg

The one in my system started to give leaves in about 2 weeks or less of been in my system. I read a forum here on how to take care of them that helped a lot. I think it depense on your water and the light. Do check one thing put your hand on top of the mangrove and check how much heat is hitting them if you can feel the heat its to much and it might be burning the top where the leaves would grow out of.

Do you have a link to that thread on mangroves thanks mine is like the size of a small tree and is dropping leaves thanks

Sent from some device using some app

The leaves are finally popping on the top of one plant. I think you guys are right on the heat from my lighting. I will raise it up a little. My hand is warm when at the plant level. I really appreciate the insight thanks for the responses!

Here is a pic of the Mangroves now. They really came around the last month of so!
3ydy5u5e.jpg

Back