Mappa puffer primer

las

Does anyone currently have a mappa puffer? Maybe you can help out a newbie with your past experiences of owning one? Pics would be awesome too.

Puffers deserve a primer thread too

My mappa had worms and didn't show for almost 6 months. White hair like poop was hanging. I got Ap general cure and gavaged fed him. Within 2 days he was eating like a champ. I treated with prazi when I first got him. GL

My mappa had worms and didn't show for almost 6 months. White hair like poop was hanging. I got Ap general cure and gavaged fed him. Within 2 days he was eating like a champ. I treated with prazi when I first got him. GL

yeah my lfs tod me to put a couple drops in his food for 5 straight days. think it works much better this way. treating the qt water prob just gets rid of flukes and skin afflictions

Actually one year yesterday. One food they love are clams. They sell the half clams at the pet shop. You want to see a puffer go nuts, try that also.sorry to get sidetracked. He's not that big. 5 inches. He hasnt gotten that big since I've had him. One thing I noticed is if he eats real good one day, he won't eat for a day or so.

they should at least double in size every yaer for the first 3 years... if not they for sure have worms

I just got this yesterday.
pho4.jpg

pho4-1.jpg

pho5.jpg

Looks good. Hers is what my guy looked like when I got him Oct 21,2011. Then March 25 2012, I starting to see big issues with him. Had to start getting meds in him. Now im noticng a sagging stomach and not putting weight on.

Attachments

• Mappa.jpg
    Mappa.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0868.jpg
    IMAG0868.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 0
Sweeper

He has an internal parasite. U need to prazi him. U gotta put 3 drops on his food and let it soak in for 20 min. Preferably something like mysis which will soak up the medicine better than something like squid. Do this for 5-7 straight days. Treating the tank water with prazi will not get into his stomach. It does treat flukes and skin worms but not IP.

You might need to do this protocol more than once but it's the way to go.

Back