March 2016 Tank of the Month!!!

Seeing that large brain coral in the front center makes me nostalgic of a coral I had back in the day that I loved to so much.

Hello From France,

Very nice tank, Video give me a calm spirit during hard working hours :)

One question : could you give us your entire fish list? I see some apogon species very sweet (a couple maybe?) and some others little fish very interesting.

Keep enjoy us with your reef tank and be proud of it!

Stef

Congratulations Dmitry, you have a beautiful tank. I live not far away in Burlington and often make the tour of the many great local fish stores in the area. I'd would to see your tank someday. Question for you. You mention you dose the B-Ionic 3 part, are you referring to the standard 2 part plus the magnesium solution? If so I use the same, despite the cost I find it predictable, easy and effective. I also use the potassium additive, in very small doses though.

That's pretty much what I do. :) you are welcome to come by.

Hello From France,

Very nice tank, Video give me a calm spirit during hard working hours :)

One question : could you give us your entire fish list? I see some apogon species very sweet (a couple maybe?) and some others little fish very interesting.

Keep enjoy us with your reef tank and be proud of it!

Stef

Hi Stef, thank you for the comments. If you search online for Pragmatic Reef you should be able to see the fish list.

Dtum! Congrats on your aquarium and for your success. Your tank looks amazing. I have a 160 gal with a eshopps rs300 Refugium/sump. I run two mp40's and have 3 AI Hydra's, the original hydra's. I was wondering if you could give me some advice on setting my AI hydra's, as it seems you fufured it out. My colors are not anywhere yours are. I run my blues at 95 to 99% from 10 to 8. My wht are at 60% I believe. I can look at my profile and let you know. However I now does brightwell a coral kolar and bright wells replenish every sat. I dose Alk and cal daily and mg weekly. I try to keep my Alk at 8.6 and my ca at 420 and mg at 1350. I do a water change every 3 weeks. I empty collection cup weekly, aqua sock is changed weekly, and run two bags of Chem pure elite which is changed every 2 months. I want to get my colors like yours. Please help!

Dtum! Congrats on your aquarium and for your success. Your tank looks amazing. I have a 160 gal with a eshopps rs300 Refugium/sump. I run two mp40's and have 3 AI Hydra's, the original hydra's. I was wondering if you could give me some advice on setting my AI hydra's, as it seems you fufured it out. My colors are not anywhere yours are. I run my blues at 95 to 99% from 10 to 8. My wht are at 60% I believe. I can look at my profile and let you know. However I now does brightwell a coral kolar and bright wells replenish every sat. I dose Alk and cal daily and mg weekly. I try to keep my Alk at 8.6 and my ca at 420 and mg at 1350. I do a water change every 3 weeks. I empty collection cup weekly, aqua sock is changed weekly, and run two bags of Chem pure elite which is changed every 2 months. I want to get my colors like yours. Please help!

Thank you for your kind words. Here are my thoughts/suggestions:

1. increase water change frequency to once a week or every 2 weeks
2. remove white channel for now (leave it for maybe half an hour a day if you still miss it)
3. make sure your PAR is around 220-250 for when the blues are on where your main acros are
4. make sure your nitrates are detectible but less than 10 and the phosphate is detectible but less than 0.1.

Let me know how that goes.

What an awsome tank., it looks amazing. Congratulations

Dtum! I have few questions, if you do not mind

Why do we should remove white chanel?

How do you keep low nitrate?

Do you test K?

Why do we set the PAR around 220-250? Is that PAR too low?

Another suggestion about PAR:

http://www.aquaticlog.com/radion

Many thanks
Khanh

Last edited:
Back