marineland skimmer

jq1177

Hi has anybody out there bought the new Marineland in sump skimmer and how has it worked if you have?

Well I decided to give it a try. I should be getting it in on the 22nd of July. I will post back after running it for awhile and let you know how it works.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12987665#post12987665 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jq1177
Well I decided to give it a try. I should be getting it in on the 22nd of July. I will post back after running it for awhile and let you know how it works.

How does it look?

Hi everyone Ihave had the skimmer going for about three days so it hasn't completely broken in yet. I think it is working pretty good. In the three days its been going it has produced about a cup and a half of dark brown gunk. I will post more later.

I own a pet store and put one on a 210 tank just to see what it would do and i was very superised. it works pretty good for the money

On day 2 with the smaller model for my 65 soon to be Undulate species tank (used to be a well established reef, downgraded the reef to a Nanocube so I could get an Undy!). No skimmate yet, still breaking in I guess. I'll post some pics in a day or two. I got if for the small footprint since I've got a Tidepool II wet-dry with limited space for my old ER ES5-2 skimmer.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13213028#post13213028 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chuck H.
On day 2 with the smaller model for my 65 soon to be Undulate species tank (used to be a well established reef, downgraded the reef to a Nanocube so I could get an Undy!). No skimmate yet, still breaking in I guess. I'll post some pics in a day or two. I got if for the small footprint since I've got a Tidepool II wet-dry with limited space for my old ER ES5-2 skimmer.

I'm seriously thinking about the small one for my 60 for the same reason as you. Any pics you could post, even if its just the foam in the riser tube, would be helpful.

Thanks.

16612ttiwwp.gif

Some Pics

Some Pics

Alrighty...here's a few pics of my Model 100 Marineland In-sump Skimmer:
P8250022.jpg

P8250023.jpg

P8250024.jpg

So, today is full day #4 and I'm starting to get some tea-colored skimmate. Not bad I think.

Here's my attempt at a very poor quality video taken with a digital camera. Look closely for the dark bubbles to perculate(? is that a word?) in the skimmer neck:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v641/ChuckH/?action=view&current=P8250025.flv

Seems to be doing okay after only 4 days breaking in. We'll see.

Thanks for the update, Chuck.

I was bidding on this one last night:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marineland-Mari...46313QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

and was out-bid. I tried to be slick and waited until the very end, then put in a bid for $58.00 with 20 seconds to go, which was $10.00 over the high bid to that point.

As you can see, someone, obviously slicker than me, beat me out.

Oh well. I'll probably have to buy a new one.

Keep the pics coming, if you can.

Re: Some Pics

Re: Some Pics

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13227682#post13227682 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chuck H.

Here's my attempt at a very poor quality video taken with a digital camera. Look closely for the dark bubbles to perculate(? is that a word?) in the skimmer neck:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v641/ChuckH/?action=view&current=P8250025.flv

Seems to be doing okay after only 4 days breaking in. We'll see.

looks like it could use a bubble plate the way its whipping out from the underneath pump.

4 days? you should have more skimmate than that. My friend has an Excalibur skimmer and a Pro Clear skimmer running on his 75 gallon and he has to empty the cup every four days.

Mind you these skimmers are only running with Rio pumps.

What pump does this skimmer use?

Hey tangtang,

It's actually about 2 days. Cleaned on Saturday afternoon and skimmate pretty much like shown Monday morning. It runs a MaxiJet sump pump with a needle wheel impeller - don't know the model number. Keep in mind I have a very light bio-load as well - 1 small (less than 2") Undulate trigger, not a fully stocked tank. I'm by no means saying this is the best skimmer out there (my EuroReef ES5-2 wouldn't fit in the sump, or I'd definitely be using it!), but for the price and such a small footprint (4.5") it seems to be working well for me. Thanks for the reply.

No worries. Where did you get a NW for your maxi jet?
I will try to get a few pics of my the two skimmers I have setup on a friends 75.
You have this skimmer on a 28?
It takes my big skimmer a while to catch up after I clean it too.

Post some more pics in a few days.

Back