Maroon clowns?

ErosJN

Ive heard mixed reviews on the maroon clowns.. just wondering whats everyones personal experience with these guys? My girlfriend loves them so I decided to pick one up today. Heres a shot of the lil lady
4ba735a30c77fb1e3e8289bee31a4242.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I love them...as a pair
with no other clownfish in the tank.
with a flowerpot

They can be nasty with other clowns. but hardy as hell

Thanks! Do they tend to host bubble tips? Ill have to keep an eye out on the smaller occellaris.. when the maroon was introduced the ocellaris immediately approached and started doing the submissive shake... since then theyve been swimming around together without aggressions.. of course its only been an hour so ill continue to closely mo itor. Anyone have success with an occellaris and maroon?

Thanks! Do they tend to host bubble tips? Ill have to keep an eye out on the smaller occellaris.. when the maroon was introduced the ocellaris immediately approached and started doing the submissive shake... since then theyve been swimming around together without aggressions.. of course its only been an hour so ill continue to closely mo itor. Anyone have success with an occellaris and maroon?

I bought a bubble tip for my pair. They were in it, in 5 minutes. The big female did get more aggressive if anything comes near her nem.

Cool, what size tank were they in. I have never been able to get a clownfish to host an anrmone in my 210. Yesrs ago when i first started this hobby, i had them host in my biocube no problem... my guess is because they were constantly in close proximity to the anemone

Cool, what size tank were they in. I have never been able to get a clownfish to host an anrmone in my 210. Yesrs ago when i first started this hobby, i had them host in my biocube no problem... my guess is because they were constantly in close proximity to the anemone

Its a 265, your clown will find a spot to hang out.,, once he has his spot, just put the nem near by. Thats what I did. Bubble tips like the rocks more than sand imo.

I see. Ill wait about a week and see if this maroon decides to host where its at. If not, ill give that a try. A bit off topic but, for those who are experienced with tangs, can someone estimate when I should be expecting my ABT to morph into the adult colors? I know alot of people like them when they resemble the purple tang but im one who prefers the deep blue adult color. Here he is in a video...

Ugh trying to figure out how to upload a video from the galaxy s7 on to the forum

BTW, the anemone hosts the clown, not the other way around.

Of the multiple species of clown I have kept, Maroons have always been the easiest to pair with an anemone (and the hardest to pair with each other). I just about guarantee your Maroon would be hosted by a BTA given the opportunity. Whether she would share with the little occy is an entirely different question. Only keep them them together of you are willing to accept the fact that she can shred him at any time.
Also, as she matures, she will become more and more territorial. She will likely move any corals that you try to place near her "territory". I love Maroons, but as mentioned above, I love them a lot more when they are in a tank setup just for them.

Love the personality of my maroon. It's mean and bull dozes things or of the way. Lays flat on the sand lifeless sometimes (I've literally thought it was dead twice now) eats whatever I put in the tank. Get along well with the other fish. I don't have other clowns though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the personality of my maroon. It's mean and bull dozes things or of the way. Lays flat on the sand lifeless sometimes (I've literally thought it was dead twice now) eats whatever I put in the tank. Get along well with the other fish. I don't have other clowns though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mocavinchi clown and black occy lay flat on the sand together when they sleep. Strange looking for sure lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Meanest fish I have ever had. And only fish I have had that would bit me every time in the tank. Made me bleed a few times. Good luch

Thanks for the responses guys. Hopefully i was lucky to get a behaved maroon.. time will tell ;) regarding the Atlantic blue changing colors, heres a decent shot of him, what do you guys think in terms of how much longer into the full adult colors?
85ee8f1eab6f3e2f2484c2e02a2ea80f.jpg

Back