MARS Fall Frag Swap

OneReef

Reef Guru
MARS is looking forward to our 1st annual Frag swap this fall. We already have numerous vendors commited and prizes for raffles and giveaways secured. MARS has located a great potential site, and will have details soon on dates, location, prizes, raffle, vendors, speaker, etc. MARS is planning to make this unique and different than any frag swaps that you ha be been to before. Many new ideas in the works. Details will be posted on Facebook, this forum and the newsletter. If you have any questions or interests, please let me know. Thanks, looking forward to the big day! :)

It really makes no sense to "frag" our efforts and put on two frag swaps within weeks of one another. It only serves to diminish both swaps and reduce everyone's efforts. I have already paid the deposit and insurance on the AgriCenter for Sep 28. As you can see from last year, we generated a large enough crowd that a space of that size was perfect... anything smaller would have been too crowded. I propose we combine our frag swap efforts into a single frag swap. You can call it MARS or whatever you want. WTMRAC will pay for the Agricenter rental and the insurance 100%, so MARS won't be paying for the space.

It really makes no sense to "frag" our efforts and put on two frag swaps within weeks of one another. It only serves to diminish both swaps and reduce everyone's efforts. I have already paid the deposit and insurance on the AgriCenter for Sep 28. As you can see from last year, we generated a large enough crowd that a space of that size was perfect... anything smaller would have been too crowded. I propose we combine our frag swap efforts into a single frag swap. You can call it MARS or whatever you want. WTMRAC will pay for the Agricenter rental and the insurance 100%, so MARS won't be paying for the space.

Your exactly right. People saving for the first one will end up with pocket change for the second one. :thumbsup:

We've had many great vendors in the past travel from far away.... and they're not likely to want to come to two frag swaps back to back.

Jay Page says Sep 28 is out, because he's out of town. Regardless of the date this fall, WTMRAC is committed to supporting a joint Frag Swap and will sponsor the cost of the venue 100%. Just let us know the details and we'll get right on it!

Yes, the 28th is no good for me due to a previous commitment. I already have some sponsors and vendors on board, I'll have to see what the calendar looks like this fall for them and MARS.

Back