MARS mtg - Charls Delbeek - Tridacna Clams

boviac

Loves Tank Builds
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13148026#post13148026 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Brian Prestwood
We've had a list minute change in our program this month. Instead of an acrylic demo we are going to have a talk on Tridacna Clams by CHARLES DELBEEK!!!

Our new VP, Kevin Cowen, and our long time friend, Kim Hanks, were able to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Please spread the word!!!

To all of you who can't make it because of the last minute schedule we appologize. It was a choice of now or not at all. Now that Charles is in San Francisco running the Steinhardt Aquarium we will be able to bring him up again fairly easily.

We're meeting the 3rd Friday (15th) as usual.

We meet at the Roundtable Pizza in on the south side of the shopping center at the corner Madison and Greenback in Folsom, barely.

9500-1 Greenback Lane
Folsom, CA, 95630
(916) 989-1133

7:00 - 7:15: Announcements
7:15 - 7:30: General Q&A
7:30 - 9:00: Charles Delbeek - Tridacna Clams
9:00 - 9:30: Raffle

Announcements: Tank Tour, DIY Skimmers and Upcoming Events

General Q&A: Over a hundred years of marine aquarium keeping experience at your disposal.

Raffle: A Keith Grandt nano tank is one of the grand prizes this month. Keith also donated a 110 glass tank. It is used but in good condition. We'll drill it to your specs.

We also have a couple more of the Lokani's the club purchased at the ReefFarmers auction too.

I'm going down but I'm staying the night down in Sac with friends then carpooling down to the city for a party!!!

I was seriously trying to attend to hear about the DIY acrylic demo and Q&A but this tops it all. I wonder if he'll have Vol 3 available for signing. :D

This was a great meeting. I suppose the last minute details about the speaker simply didn't make it out in time. There were still pleanty of seats available. I was expecting standing room only by the time I got there. Scored a serpent star and picked up some mixed bed DI resin (color changing type) there for a good price! I'd be happy to recap breifly what was discussed at the next meeting. Much of the discussion beyond clams was about the new Steinheart Aquarium soon to be opening towards the end of next month.

Back