No MACNA 2024

Eric Borneman. By the way he is still around in the hobby he just stays out of the public it seems.

That’s good to hear.
Definitely good to hear. I spent a fair bit of time with Eric at the one MACNA I was able to attend. We sat in the audience for a conference with JEN Veron. Made the experience incredible, listening to Veron speak along with a running commentary from Eric. I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity.

Definitely good to hear. I spent a fair bit of time with Eric at the one MACNA I was able to attend. We sat in the audience for a conference with JEN Veron. Made the experience incredible, listening to Veron speak along with a running commentary from Eric. I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity.

Totally cool, never met Jen Veron.

Yea Eric is a really good guy , I used to know him pretty well. He liked to drink.

I became friends with him because he offered a online marine biology class which actually (you will like this) was done on IRC.

Anyhow I was at Midwest marine conference and Larry Jackson was the speaker (how many people remember him, another fishnet guy and maybe one of the nicest people ever in this hobby). Any how I had no idea what Eric looked like. He was not really too well known at the time, it was after his first book, not the second one most know.. Anyhow Eric sat right next to me. He just seemed obnoxious and was yelling like hey Larry how is it going etc. All these people kept coming up and talking to him and I was trying to listen and I got a little ticked. Anyhow I said something like hey I am trying to listen. Anyway after the talk he walked with me too lunch and apologized and I said my name and he goes, yea your taking my class. I was like Oh your Eric Borneman. We had lunch and were friends after that.

Last edited:
Back