Matted Filefish

mistaflicksta

So its been a while since Ive added a fish to my tank, I have been wanting a tailspot blenny for quite a while but nobody seems to be able to get them for me in town. they order them but they don't come in.

Which brings me to the next fish I have been eyeballing, ive been doing some research on the Matted Filefish but the questions I ask haven't really been answered. I think Dennis had one in his large display, in which he had clams in. Having a nasty experience with clam nippers myself I am afraid that if I add this guy to my tank it might take a liking to my clams/coral.

Has anybody here ever owned one of these fish?

If you have, please post your experience.

I have one of the matted filefish and he is doing great. I ordinarily got him to eat all the aptashia in the tank and he did a great job BUT... He also ate some of my purple deaths that i feel. So i placed him in another tank. He is now eating flakes, pellets, and rod's food. He is fat and i have had him for about 7 months now? Thanks

Steffen Sparks

He is awesome!!!! I love this fish but he does not mess with any coral in my other tank but then again i did not feed him the often. I do have polyps in my other tank that he has not touched so at this point i dont know. I know Dennis has experience them eating zoa as well. Thanks

Steffen Sparks

Well i do have some polyps in the tank with him now that he does not touch them. But then again i feed him pretty well. I know Dennis has experience them eating Zoa as well. He is a great looking fish though and has lots of personality! Thanks

Steffen Sparks

PS And yes the Puffin is back in town!!!! :)

Back