Max capacity question

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7582242#post7582242 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thor32766
Hey keithntracey werent you the couple complaining of service at the store the other day!!!j/k. Cant wait to see your guys tank with TANGSSSS!!!!!!

Yeah, that was us. There was this one guy (no names mentioned, rhymes with bore...) that couldn't make up his mind...lol

My experience with tangs is that they are a bit of a time bomb. I love tangs, and HAD four in my 125. RS Sailfin, Hippo, Yellow, and Achilles. They got along fine for 4 years. A few months back the Achilles and the Sailfin really started getting into it. The Achilles decided the tank belonged to him and the RS was not allowed to eat anymore. He stressed and thinned out to the point that he almost swam into my hand to be rescued. I put him in my fuge for a bit, and then into a 55 and he is doing well. Next month the four of them are going into a 300. We'll see see how that goes. My point is that things can be just peachy while they are juvs, but as maturity sets in they can get really aggressive so keep that in mind. I am really attached to my fish, but in time you might have to give one or two up, or upgrade if you plan to keep them long term. Give them plenty of food, don't crowd your tank with rock so they have plenty of room, hiding spaces, and you will increase you chances of success.

Good luck, your list looks pretty tame where as I knew my Achilles woulld probably grow into a jerk, but d*mn he is such a beautiful fish. That is my experience.

The ones of main concern to me are the chevron and purple getting along. They can be mean, especially to one another. Then again, I've seen them together in a few tanks and they llok to be friends. We'll see what happens, I've still got some time before my 180 is running.

Back