Maxspect Ethereal LEDs not connecting

tmanning

Really want this to work...looking for advice. I can connect the controller to Wifi with the app, but the app never recognizes a light present. The app gives me a device not found error, meaning it's not finding the lamp. I talked to coralvue, and they sent a new fixture and had me keep the same controller. I've tried multiple devices running both Android and Apple, and also different routers. The routers are 2.4 GHz. I've tried doing hard resets of the fixture many times.

I'm contacting Coralvue to send a new controller to try...but that will be it. Bummer.....

Thoughts?
:debi:

Have you tried enabling Location Services? Read around that it needs to be enabled for the app to work correctly.

Yeah....I basically gave Maxspect the ability to spy on me completely...still didn't work. Phone access, location access....:headwally:

That sucks :( Quality Control on these seems to be lacking although Maxspect did a good job with mine replacing units until it worked. I originally got two ethereals and a icv6 controller. The master unit would connect no problem but i had nonstop connectivity issues with the second. I kept getting an exclamation point in the app saying there was a problem. Coralvue sent me out a replacement for my slave unit and everything works great now. Very pleased with the quality of the light they produce and the slim profile.

One thing they had me do that did seem to help connectivity but not fix completely for me was hard reset the light. Instructions were as follows:

To reset the Ethereal, just disconnect power, press and hold the control dial then reconnect power. Once the power has been resumed while the control dial is pressed, you can see the RGB light flashing red and green, then let go of the control dial, then press and hold it for 5 seconds, the Ethereal is now reset.

Since you've talked to coralvue i've guessed you've tried this, just forwarding along what I had to do. Maybe try a different android/ios device as well?

Thanks for the reply. I think I've tried everything but replacing the ICV6 controller, which is now on it's way. Tried resetting the lamp about 50 times, tried multiple android and IOS devices, tried multiple routers, replaced the LED...if the new controller doesn't work, I guess I'll give up. I like the slim profile too.

Hallelujah! The controller was bad. Everything seems to work now. Will it grow corals? TBD.

Great to hear! Like I said i think they have an issue with quality control as i received a bad light from them as well. My tank's still cycling so can't comment on the growing coral question but they seem plenty bright in my setup.

Good luck!

Back