Maxwells reef video June 2016

Finally finished added a couple of pieces ,

abTpciTh.jpg

Very nice tank. Would you mind sharing what your procedure for introducing new fish to your tank is? do you quarantine, treat the fish before introducing to your tank etc? I just went thru a wipe-out on my tank from parasites on a fish I bought from a LFS.

Thanks,

aikenreef
Im lucky in that respect as I only buy fish from one store that's 20 mins away and they will only let you have fish that's been in store a while and they are sure that the fish are feeding and are well . I have been many times trying to buy fish and told they will not release them so you have to purchase them and they hold them until they are happy as its the store policy and you get a guarantee with the fish if for any reason they die you need a photo of the fish and water sample before they replace or credit. Customers are happy and often buy over the phone and collect when ready.

Yeah.. at 3:07 if goes dark!
Looks great though. Still love those purple frags on the far left, attached to the chunky rock.
Do you feed your elegance? It’s huge.

Matt
No special food only use a mix of frozen and small stuff for the anthias. That Cat grows bigger every day like the red goni next steps will be out but I will have trouble getting the goni, clam and cat out I have no idea how to frag them amazing saying they only cost £35,£40 and £30.

Hi , sorry about the video it was first real attempt and I forgot to cut the sound which was a free sample with the software . I did another to record the frags as a diary record which may be better.

Great news my Orphek OR2 blue plus reef bar is on its way the spectrum is awesome and will produce great colour and pop and the blue addition I want.
jkD2OQEh.jpg

MSHUR
No but they are working on some kind of controller but at the price just run off a timer.I will post pics when it arrives this week .I already have 2 of theirs running off timers its mainly for evening viewing for me.

MSHUR
Hi Mike, I have a picture taken last week after a major cut back and removal of corals to make space for a couple nice frags. This pic was taken at lunchtime with lights 100% as I run them for 2-3hrs Btwn 12.00 -3.00pm then whites down to 20% approx. they come on at 9.00am to 10pm I forgot to set the camera to a WB preset it was on auto so its as what it is but the pinks are vibrant if that helps more info in pm.Bill
8m1myMm.jpg

Maxwell, great looking reef! I am about to try out 2 orpheks on my tank. Any recommendations to start. I'm coming from 2 250 watt Hamilton technology 20k bulbs.

Corey

Back