Me Reef Club...........gone?

myram

#347, 19 years
It's now March, and it appears that the mereefclub is gone as predicted.

Anyone have any info?

Steve

No. Haven;t been on there for awhile. Last time I did (in early january I think) there was no traffic.

Yes, I talked to Dan the other day and told him it was down and he stated that he had closed the account... so yes, indeed it is down :( Not enough paying members to keep it going :(

It's too bad, there are a lot of reefs in Maine.........but just spread out over such a large area that a club is hard to run.

A Southern Maine club would actually do better I think, and it would provide a good place for everyone to swap equipment, livestock, and ideas.

Steve

I totally agree steve! Yeah i went to Joe's last night and got some frags... I thought at one point matt was getting out of SW... im not sure if he did or not...

I was thinking of setting up a facebook group that way we could list stuff we had or what we were looking for.... i know there are some people that dont like using facebook though...

I think Bunsenburner Matt sold all his stuff off mid last year? I say go for the facebook page. People who dont use facebook might use reefcentral and vice versa. At the least it will give everyone and idea of whos out there and whats goin on for a reef scene in Maine.

Ok, i created it... Its called Maine Frag Swap... you can just add me to your facebook and i can add you into the group... my e-mail address is emeryj@alumni.thomas.edu search for that and you will find me and i can add you in. Please send me a message that says something like "I want to join the Maine Frag Swap group... or else i will just deny you cuz i wont know who it is lol!!! I think its worth a try!

I totally agree steve! Yeah i went to Joe's last night and got some frags...

That's cool, Joe always makes us leave happy with more stuff then we needed.........LOL.

The RBTA is doing great, nice and bubbly and seems happy where I put the rock. Hoping it stays bubbly and doesn't go stringy.

Steve

Looks like the Southern Maine Reef Enthusiasts are gone now too, Facebook page is gone.

Steve

hmmm i wonder where the page went. I also noticed there is a club SWAM facebook page too... that would work.... I am glad that RBTA is doing good.. I have been feeding it scallops and silversides... somewhat small pieces....

I just tried to feed it a little piece of scallop, but it wouldn't take it. Probably still adjusting, so I'll give it a few days and try again.

Steve

Back