Help! Recover camera photos after SD card crash?

Justin Hill

Hello, I have encountered an unpleasant event. My 64gb sd stick from my camera has failed and all my photos are gone. The card is no longer readable on the camera. When I connect the card to the PC it shows up as empty and asks for formatting.

After a bit of googling, I realised that you need special software to recover photos. I even tried a few, but did not achieve the desired result ......

Does anyone know how to help me?

First, I've never done this. Next, think about what pics are on it. If it turns out you really want them, call some PC repair shops and ask them. I'd imagine it isn't cheap. That's your best chance. I'd be careful what you do. You can completely erase the card by mistake.

If you are tech savvy there are a few free Linux live Cd recovery tools. Redo Rescue and SystemRescue come to mind but I'm sure there are others. Windows is the worst for viewing corrupted volumes. Linux and OSX do a better job at this.

If you are tech savvy there are a few free Linux live Cd recovery tools. Redo Rescue and SystemRescue come to mind but I'm sure there are others. Windows is the worst for viewing corrupted volumes. Linux and OSX do a better job at this.
I have Windows (

I managed to recover most of the material.

I came across this video on YouTube.

Hetman Partition Recovery was able to recover 90% of the data from the flash drive. This is probably the best result so far. Overall, I'm satisfied because I managed to recover most of the data for little money.Thank you all for your help)

Back