Melanopus or Frenatus?

Azedenkae

Hey guys. I have a Clownfish. I am not sure if it is an Amphiprion melanopus or Amphiprion frenatus.

Here are pics from ages gone by:

Aquarium%2Bat%2BHome%2Bsmall.jpg

block%2Bunhidden%2Bsmall.jpg

I am at work so can't take one of it right now, but it hasn't really changed anyways.

So... any ideas? Or any part of the fish that needs a better photo of?

How did keeping an ocellaris, clarki and tomato clown (not to mention a Hippo tang) in what appears to be a 20 gallon tank work out for you (and more appropriately, the fish)?? :headwally:

How did keeping an ocellaris, clarki and tomato clown (not to mention a Hippo tang) in what appears to be a 20 gallon tank work out for you (and more appropriately, the fish)?? :headwally:

Well that was totally relevant to the question...

But anyways, since you asked. I picked three Clownfish for two to pair up. The Clarkii and Frenatus/Melanopus(?) paired up, so the Occy is gone. The Regal Tang is a temporary resident, until it gets bigger.

As for the fish, well they are eating heaps and are fat and active so... no worries there.

The hippo was too big for that tank when it settled out of the plankton. Plenty of worries here. With all the appropriate fish available for that tank, why you would subject a hippo to that is mind-boggling. I have one a hair smaller than that in a 93 gallon and I think that is pushing it (will be adding him to my 210 soon).

Sorry to be off topic here, but just felt that I had to say something. To answer your question, I believe it is a juvi frenatus.

The hippo was too big for that tank when it settled out of the plankton. Plenty of worries here. With all the appropriate fish available for that tank, why you would subject a hippo to that is mind-boggling. I have one a hair smaller than that in a 93 gallon and I think that is pushing it (will be adding him to my 210 soon).

Sorry to be off topic here, but just felt that I had to say something. To answer your question, I believe it is a juvi frenatus.

Thanks for the answer. It really is hard to tell those two species apart.

As for the Regal, I have to disagree with you. From my view, if the fish is healthy and active, showing plenty of interesting behaviours, then it is not suffering (as opposed to the fish struggling to be active/feeding/just generally being slow and rather uninclined to do anything else besides being stressed, in which case it is suffering). Well of course this is all very subjective, as most things are in this hobby when it comes to live stock. Despite how much I tried to research this, so the truth is still out there. So I can't say that you are wrong either, I mean there may be some aspect that isn't quite right, but from what I can judge based on what I can see, it's doing well.

Back