Microbubbles all over the tank

Shark888

Hello,

I have a new problem with my new tank, it seems microbubbles are escaping from somewhere inside the skimmer and they are then moved to inside the tank by the return pump. :headwallblue: Now I have a lot of microbubbles in the display, also I noticed that the less water in the return pump chamber and the more the return pump will send microbubbles in the display...

When I add new water to top off, it fulfill the chamber of the return pump and they are no more microbubbles in the display but then with evaporation the chamber of the return pump reduce and the problem appear again.

I started this tank a week ago and there was not this issue at the beginning.

Any help appreciated. :spin1:

Attachments

• IMG_8953A.jpg
    IMG_8953A.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8954A.jpg
    IMG_8954A.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8955A.jpg
    IMG_8955A.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8956A.jpg
    IMG_8956A.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
I'm not sure I follow. It sounds like you're using your main pump to run a swimmer which is set for a certain volume of bubbles and when your water goes down your main pump suxs extra air adding to the volume of your bubbles and thus allowing some to escape into your display?

This is normal. When my main pump starts spitting bubbles its time to dump another 5g of rodi in the tank.

Okay I was just wanted to confirm this, thanks for your answer. I added new water and there are much more less microbubbles... But that's mean I will have to keep always a high level of water if I want to avoid these microbubbles.

Also, it is normal that at the bottom of the skimmer it seems there are a little microbubbles escaping out ?

It depends on the skimmer but most of them have a water level adjustment on the skimmer that will let out bubbles depending on how open or closed you have the dial. I would get an auto top off If you haven't already, that way you don't have to worry about the water level in your return section. The Smart ATO is a good choice.

Looking at the pictures now and yeah you definitely want the water level higher in there. That spillover from your second baffle can cause bubbles as well.

How much flow does your return pump output?

How new is the skimmer?

It often takes a couple weeks for them to "break in" properly to stop spitting out bubbles.

It depends on the skimmer but most of them have a water level adjustment on the skimmer that will let out bubbles depending on how open or closed you have the dial. I would get an auto top off If you haven't already, that way you don't have to worry about the water level in your return section. The Smart ATO is a good choice.

Looking at the pictures now and yeah you definitely want the water level higher in there. That spillover from your second baffle can cause bubbles as well.

How much flow does your return pump output?

The flow is 1500 L/H.

I think I have resolved the issue with the microbubbles, I unmounted completely the skimmer and mounted it again making sure all was connected correctly and now Im getting no microbubbles, the chamber of the skimmer is much more clear than before. So I guess something was not connected perfectly and was leaking a little making the mess...

Back